The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Team Lead
Webcruiter ID: 4257420659
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: The Area Manager
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Human Resources & Admin Team Lead for our field office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria
- The purpose of the Team Leader position is day to day implementation of the oversee HR and Admin support functions responsibilities in Area North Offices Borno State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the HR / Admin team at area office level
- Ensure that staff records in all field offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive
- Support staff with the tools & procedures for performance management
- Oversee all administrative responsibilities accommodation booking, facility management, utilities, store management e.t.c
- Take the lead in vacancy announcements and long-listing of requested positions according to the approved organogram.
- Responsible for implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the NRC people Solution at the Area Level
- Ensure that all recruitments at the areal level are followed up from start till finish
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related course
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Three (3) years experience from working as an HR or Admin, from an Officer level, and in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Work experience in the Northeast is a plus.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We Can Offer
- Commencement: July, 2020
- Duration: 6 months (Renewable)
- Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general direction of grade level 6 step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- This position is for Nigeria Nationals Only
Application Deadline 8th July, 2020.