Cost Analyst Job Description
Job Descriptions > Banking and Finance > Cost Analyst
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Cost Analyst? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cost Analyst? What does a Cost Analyst do?
Job Description of a Cost Analyst
The role of a Cost Analyst is to examine and manage the expenses of a company. Their main tasks include tracking project budgets, establishing product cost, and analyzing changes in company costs.
Cost Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Cost Analyst job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Recommend and direct changes in operating procedures to improve efficiencies in payment and procurement processes.
- When necessary, offer analytical support for departmental projects.
- Examine data to help with reducing cost in all operations.
- Analyze the market and identify opportunities for growth and potential risks.
- Contribute in developing yearly operation plans, budgets, and estimating new product costs, including economic analysis.
- Coordinate with management to ensure cost forecasting reports are consistently checked and applied.
- Monitor and document actual and estimate reports.
- Stay up-to-date on project budgets and project spending.
- Give suggestions for money-saving strategies.
Cost Analyst Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Cost Analyst job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or relevant field.
- x years’ proven experience as a Cost analyst.
- Aptitude to succeed in a stressful and deadline oriented environment.
- Solid understanding of Information Systems and MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Cost Analyst starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Cost Analyst job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Cost Analyst may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Cost Analyst Job Description