Homeopath Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Homeopath
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Homeopath? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Homeopath? What does a Homeopath do?
Job Description of a Homeopath
Homeopaths, who are also known as homeopathic doctors or practitioners, are health care professionals who practice a complete system of natural medicine called homeopathy.
Homeopathy is a system of alterative or complementary medicine based on treating the individual with very diluted natural substances, given in mainly tablet form, which triggers the body’s natural system of healing. Homeopaths decide on the most appropriate treatment for the patient on the basis of the symptoms the patient experiences.
Homeopaths treat a range of conditions; they might be physical problems, such as skin ailments, asthma or arthritis, or they might be of an emotional or psychological nature, like depression or phobias. They adopt a holistic approach with their patients, treating the person as a whole, including past and present symptoms. Patients may seek treatment themselves or be referred to a homeopath by their GP.
Duration of treatment varies from weeks to months or years, depending on the severity of the disorder. Most practitioners are solely homeopaths but some are also trained in conventional medicine and practice as doctors, dentists and veterinary surgeons.
Homeopath Duties and Responsibilities
Homeopath job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Assessing patients and developing a detailed case history with patients comprising psychological, emotional and physical symptoms and characteristics; using homeopathic remedies to treat a range of conditions e.g. arthritis and eczema;
- Maintaining detailed clinical notes and records for each patient;
- Analysing each case to select a remedy or series of remedies appropriate for the individual (this may take several consultations); advising on lifestyle issues, such as diet, exercise and mental health;
- Referring the patient to other health practitioners, as appropriate;
- Visiting patients in their home (though this is less common than patient contact in a clinic);
- Monitoring and evaluating patient progress;
- Running seminars and presentations for groups in the community, or for other health practitioners, to promote homeopathy.
- Responding to patient queries and problems, either face to face or over the phone;
- Instructing patients about the use and effects of particular remedies;
- Researching medical conditions and homeopathic remedies;
- Managing a business (and all that this entails: finance, taxation and marketing or promotion);Homeopaths with a good level of professional experience may also be involved with training and/or supervising homeopathy students.
Homeopath Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Homeopath job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Medical degree
- Training in Homeopathy
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and listening skills for case-taking and patient management
- An open, non-judgemental approach and the ability to gain patients' trust
- Sensitivity, maturity and resilience to cope with the emotional demands of patient consultations
- An analytical approach combined with creativity and intuition for choosing the appropriate remedy
- In-depth knowledge of remedies, and an understanding of disease processes
- The ability and confidence to promote and run your own practice.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Homeopath starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Homeopath job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Homeopath may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Homeopath Job Description