3D Artist at uLesson Education Limited
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculumrelevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: 3D Artist
- We are looking to hire creatives to join our content and development team as 3D Artist.
- He/she will be responsible for using 3D modeling, texture, mapping, and other techniques to create graphics, photorealistic, assets, visual effects, and animations.
- Creating 3D character assets and environments to visually improve video lessons
- Using 3D modeling, texture, mapping, and other techniques to create graphics, photorealistic, assets, visual effects, and animations.
- Sculpting in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes.
- Creating textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mudbox/Mari.
- Creating storyboards to visualize scenes and create a realistic environment for video lessons, and other visual effects.
- Receiving feedback from Manager, animators, and editing your creations based on the comments received.
- Reviewing 3D arts and recommending improvements.
- Creating 3D sculpts and assets to meet artistic standards.
- Work with production to follow schedules and deliver assets on time.
- Plan, analyze, and create 3D visual solutions to animation projects.
- Create three-dimensional models, animations, and visual effects.
- Collaborating with Animators and other artists and attending meetings to discuss ongoing projects.
- Understanding the project requirements and conceptualizing creative ideas.
- As an expert in your field, you'll strike a balance between quality and efficiency in order to get the greatest possible results within the restrictions of time and technology.
- Working based on either pre-existing or innovative systems to ensure the growth of the company’s library and content.
- Improving the quality of developed content as guided by the learner and/or colleague feedback.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with other artists, developers and technical artists to continuously improve visual quality, and ensure efficient and accurate implementation of designs.
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise during work on a project.
- Apply broad understanding of the 3D content production process towards successful execution in a wide variety of contexts.
- Work with animators and illustrators to ensure a high level of quality and to elevate aesthetics of a project that meets the company’s standards.
- Certificate / Associate's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- A strong portfolio of previous work and completed projects.
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard software.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware.
- Excellent creativity and artistic skills.
- An eye for composition, realism, texture, color, and lighting.
Salary is N500,000 - N700,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio to: [email protected] using "Application for the position of 3D Artist" as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates should indicate and state why they are a good fit