Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Accounting Vacancy at Tetra Pak Nigeria
Accounting Vacancy at Tetra Pak Nigeria
Nov 12, 2018, 12:20 PM
Tetra Pak - Which takes its name from the original tetrahedron-shaped cartons it developed - manufactures and markets food packaging containers, filling systems, and distribution equipment for industrial customers in more than 170 countries. Its coated-paperboard boxes are used to hold dry, wet, cold, and shelf-stable foods and beverages. The privately-owned company is the largest subsidiary of holding company Tetra Laval International. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Accountant Location: Lagos Job Description
- Tetra Pak West Africa is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be based in Lagos Nigeria.The sucessful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager for West & East Africa.
- The Senior Accountant will provide accurate information for financial reporting and have specialised knowledge of all processes and procedures. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
- May act as a lead, providing subject matter guidance to team members.
- Ensure compliance with internal, external reporting standards, and internal control rules
- Preparation of annual financial statements for statutory reporting
- Manage statutory audit management process
- Drive Income tax compliance process.
- Participating in cross functional projects & drive continuous improvements projects for accounting.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes in consideration of local/statutory requirements
- Monitor and Control Tetra Pak West Africa Trail Balance
- Drive Financial Reporting Manual (FRM) compliance
- Responsible for monthly Internal reporting and control
- Prepare and book quarterly companies income and deferred tax provisions
- Adherence to month end book closing procedures & deadline
- Indirect tax compliance review and process management
- Tax audit management & follow up to ensure closure with revenue authority
- Transfer pricing compliance & documentation
- Bachelor of Science Accounting
- Chartered member of Institute of Charted Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA.
- 3 to 5 years solid experience in direct & indirect taxes.
- Self-driven to deliver results independently
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed & result oriented
- Practical Knowledge of IFRS / Local GAAP.
- Good knowledge of statutory regulations and tax matters
- Experience in use of MIS and Financial Reporting Systems. Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
- Having worked in the big 4 audit firms(PWC,EY,Deliotte,KPMG) will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- Good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Ability to work across boundaries
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts