Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Action Against Hunger recruitment for a Logistics Assistant - Support, 28th November 2018
Action Against Hunger recruitment for a Logistics Assistant - Support, 28th November 2018
Nov 28, 2018, 8:50 AM
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Logistics Assistant - Support Location: Monguno, Borno Starting date: as soon as possible Direct Line Manager: Base Logistics Officer Job Type: Full Time Objective 1
- Support the Base Logistician in management of the logistics supply chain.
- Assist Base Logistician in follow-up and support of the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with the store keeper
- Ensure collection of quotations and best available prices and quality of the items
- Assist in managing the warehouse
- Ensure all paperwork related to warehousing and stock management is in order
- Participate in procurement process of requested items with validation from Base Logistician
- Assist in operational management of base procurement
- Archiving of PDs and other logistics documents
- Assist the storekeeper, prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed
- Support Base Logistician in management of equipment and communication means
- Ensure supervision of the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Update the list of equipment on monthly basis and assume a physical check each six months
- Ensure maintenance of vehicles and generators
- Provide incident report to Log Base
- Monitoring of generator log sheet
- Follow-up of refuelling of the generators
- Fleet management
- Assist in making the drivers’ schedule
- Monitor the service requirements of the fleet
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from the capital office to the field bases
- Draw up the weekly fleet planning
- Manage the lead driver (if existing) and supervise drivers
- Manage and supervise the Guards
- Ensures the guards maintain a log book of each visitor, personnel and vehicle movements.
- Receive daily reports from guards taking note of any irregular occurrences in these locations and report to the Base Logistician and Head of Base
- Ensure that all guards, internal and contracted, report to their duty stations punctually and remain there until relieved by other guards; and that the office and other Action Against Hunger houses are not left unattended at any time
- Ensure that all houses/offices have proper locks and limited access to keys
- General Logistics Support
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on base
- Assist in the preparation of external audits
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures
- Additional Responsibilities
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- The Assistant Base Logistician should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities
- The Assistant Base Logistician is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter
- Base Logistician : hierarchical relationship - technical support - exchange of information, collaboration on planning and all base matters
- Head of Base : General support and Supervision
- Others Programme Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination,
- Local suppliers: exchange of information, coordination, influence on choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organisations : exchange of information
- Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience in in logistics or procurement.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- User level computer literacy (Office Package, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to travel and reside in rural, remote and insecure areas in Borno.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, strong organisation and team working skills.
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies.
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Humanitarian context
- Fluency in Hausa, with excellent written and verbal English language skills;
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts