Administrative Assistant at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe & Sokoto
Start date: December 2020 - August 6, 2025
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the operational and administrative tasks in the field office.
- She/he will aid the project team to maintain smooth day-to-day office functions.
- He/she will be expected to coordinate closely with the Operations as well as Finance and Accounting teams and the home office administration staff.
- Handle routine administrative tasks, to include calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to appropriate individuals.
- Support the security operations of the office premises, property therein, and the motor pool.
- Support procurement logistics by ensuring proper documentation is saved in project files in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
- Perform regular spot audits of project files Support inventory management and disposition of project assets. Maintain office inventory trackers and coordinate equipment maintenance with the relevant departments.
- Coordinate logistical support and assist with project staff travel, such as hotel booking, ticket reservation, and car arrangement. Support office in distribution of invitations, letters, meeting minutes and other printed material as needed. Support office with printing, copying, and binding materials as needed. Assist operations and accounting staff with reviews of backup documentation using the finance checklists to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of information inputs for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- The Administrative Assistant will report to the Financial Specialist (state offices) or to the Office Manager (Bauchi).
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Accuracy in with large amounts of data.
- Experience in security and operations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Please list the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- Women, people with disabilities and young people are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 4th December, 2020.