ALM Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ALM Manager
Job ID: 62840
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Capital Markets
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To ensure that ALM responsibilities are managed and executed effectively incorporating a forward-looking view to liquidity risk management and balance sheet optimization.
- This includes reporting, measurement, management and maintaining of the ALM business process.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Measure, report and manage the outcomes of each measure of liquidity and Interest Rate Risk in the banking Book (IRRBB) to the ALCO in accordance with set policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and research in country dynamics and regulatory environment as well as international ALM best practise to do the above.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the implementation of ALM Risk Management and for monitoring on a daily, weekly and monthly basis compliance with the tolerance limits and appetite triggers approved by in country ALCO and Group ALCO.
- Proposing action plans to remediate risk appetite breaches and to optimise country balance sheets.
- Analysis of Forecast/Budgets and formulation of funding plans and contingent funding plans.
- Update all relevant Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) attributes, setups and market data in Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) ALM system for use in the calculation of accurate IRRBB metrics as part of the monthly production cycle. This requires liaising with and obtain information from executives, senior managers and mangers within the various business units.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Professional qualification in ICAN, ACI, ACA, CA or its equivalent.
- A Post-graduate / Masters Degree or Certification in Finance / Economics / Maths / Statistics / Financial Risk Management would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of market risk, liquidity risk Funds Transfer Pricing and IRRBB would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Financial Management Information (FMI) and/or ALM System - Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years banking experience in asset and liability management, finance reporting, quantitative financial modelling or risk management;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply