APM Terminals Job for a Crane Mechanic
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across
more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in
port operations and container management services.
By providing the
expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively
support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local
economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global
community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a
chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the
world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any
of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the
world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Crane Mechanic
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Mobile
Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes, Spreaders and other plant and
equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice
and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the
repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the
problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as
minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment
from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal
delays to operations.
Who we are looking for
- Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic.
- Code of practice
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- First Aid
- Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes and Spreaders
- 3-5 years of experience as Mechanical in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience.
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
How to Apply
- Value and team-based leadership.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
4th August, 2016.