Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Area Sales Manager at Eaton Nigeria
Area Sales Manager at Eaton Nigeria
Mar 6, 2020, 4:00 PM
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Area Sales Manager Job ID: 082874 Location: Ikeja, Lagos Job: Sales Schedule: Full-time Job Level: Individual Contributor Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
- Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
- Provide and / or facilitate technical support and training for OEM accounts and distribution (plus their end users) in the region.
- Coordinates input to / from product management, and customers for application projects and new product launches and new product configuration releases for the local market.
- Drives a high standard of good business relationships and customer satisfaction with OEM's distributors and end users within the region
- Plans and conducts technical seminars / training sessions to update distributors and/or OEM's on current and new products.
- Provides punctual reports, expense reports, and monthly reports.
- Forecasts and communicates customer sales and product needs as required.
- Maintains accurate customer files and records.
- Reports competitive and market information as necessary.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote the product.
- Maintains a high level of proactive communication between the support staff at Eaton Truck Components in South Africa and the region.
- Leadership for the sales, business development and marketing of Eaton Vehicle Group's (VG) product line throughout this territory.
- Key Account and Territory management Commercial and management of key direct distributor accounts for Eaton VG products. Develop and Manage the Channel to market.
- Manage specific West and Central African sales, business development and marketing of Eaton’s variety of product line within the automotive segment to achieve EMEA business objectives within the territory.
- Function within the assigned region to establish positive customer relationships and insure profitable revenue.
- Implement a Push / Pull through Marketing approach to position Eaton in the market and to create demand for VG product and service solutions.
- Identifying and appointing new Eaton Authorised Distributors in the region subject to corporate approval.
- Attend to technical sales meetings and calls with appointed Eaton Truck distributors in the region with the goal of growing their business.
- Identifying business development opportunities and successfully selling clearly defined value propositions, together with Eaton technical and commercial colleagues to ensure market share growth.
- Understanding and knowledge of customers and/or distributors business in the area with immediate influential contacts to drive the Eaton business forward.
- Must be a self-starter and produce results with limited supervision and micro management.
- Be able to communicate in English, French (optional), and local language.
- National Diploma in Road Freight Transportation or Tech & Mech Eng. & Sales.
- Five+ (5) years of technical experience directly related to commercial vehicle business is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in Commercial Vehicle drivelines, including transmissions, clutches, differentials, etc.
- Does this position offer relocation?: No
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
What we Offer
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering
- At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
- At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
- At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry—a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts