Associate Manager - Field Monitoring, MLE at Evidence Action
Evidence Action's mission is to fill the gap between what is effective in global health and development and what is implemented at scale. One of our flagship programs is the Deworm the World Initiative, which envisions a world where all at-risk children have improved health, increased access to education and better livelihoods potential as a result of being free of intestinal worms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager - Field Monitoring, MLE
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Monitoring, Learning, & Evaluation
Direct reports: Associates, Field Monitoring, MLE
- The Associate Manager, Field Monitoring, MLE is responsible for supporting all Evidence Action’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Nigeria.
- This is an exciting position that involves overseeing program research and learning activities, training, management of data collection vendor, data entry, and coordination between MLE and program teams, government and other implementing partners as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research and Learning:
- Lead the development and maintenance of relevant databases for tracking and managing program information (planning and treatment data) for the Nigeria program.
- Capturing and disseminating lessons learnt from implementation rounds as well as tracking improvements in those significant areas over time to ensure that learnings are translated to program improvements.
- Supporting operations research activities for the Nigeria program.
- Supporting process monitoring data analysis
- Support the sourcing for vendors to provide data collection service to Evidence Action in Nigeria
- Lead in drafting and/or reviewing Terms of Reference (ToR) and Scope of Work for data collection vendors.
- Directly manage budget, timelines and deliverables by vendors contracted to perform data collection on behalf of Evidence Action.
- Lead in verifying and validating data collected by data collection vendors and or other partners through data reviews, checks and field visits
- Take the lead on developing and implementing field data quality checks e.g. infield supervision and back check.
Coordination between MLE and Program, Government and Partners:
- Represent MLE in program meetings with partners and government (at both State and National levels) where MLE presence is needed.
- Support capacity building for government officials on monitoring and evaluation with a focus on treatment data.
- Active participation in stakeholder engagement in terms of representing the Nigeria program at meetings that require Evidence Action’s M&E inputs and actions, making presentation, review meetings, support in terms of training and other capacity building activities
- Program planning and treatment data collation, management and reporting including tracking and reporting key performance indicators for program implementation which includes planning data, training data and treatment data.
- Communication of requests from the program teams, government or partners that relate to MLE team.
- Communicating program requests and/or needs for data and translating that back to the necessary MLE delivery team/members for necessary action when required.
- Collaborate with the MLE delivery teams to ensure unified understanding of DTW Nigeria data needs and that the delivery team deliver program needs on time.
Review process monitoring reports:
- Review process monitoring reports shared by Data Learning team and provide context based input before the team finalizes and shares the report with program teams
- Review and share with Data Learning field reports from the independent monitoring firm.
- Managing the work plans and priorities of the MLE team in Nigeria
- Support the recruitment and on boarding of MLE staff in Nigeria in collaboration with the MLE leadership, HR Manager and the necessary representatives from program teams
- Manage the productivity, professional development and skill building of the MLE team under her supervision.
- Develop training materials and protocols to train external data collection vendors, government and/or other partners involved in data collection.
- Oversee training of monitors from the independent monitoring firm on M&E activities before data collection.
- Train government officials on monitoring and evaluation with a focus on treatment data.
- Verify/validate treatment numbers coming from the states and format them before sharing with the Federal FMOH
- Support treatment reporting including entry of treatment data entered into established platform, data review/validation and reporting.
- Support maintenance of internal database and ensure data availability for planning and decision making
- Support other adhoc data related tasks as requested by the country’s programs teams.
- Perform any other monitoring, evaluation and learning duties as may be required and assigned by the supervisor.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field with strong Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics or Public Health background
- 6+ years of experience supporting monitoring and evaluation of health programs in Nigeria
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 2 years of practical experience managing M&E staff and working directly with large teams and data.
- Data analysis skill and experience is an added advantage specifically using STATA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel on short notice, to multi-task, to work in ambiguity and to respond instruction from multiple source.
- Naturally inquisitive, sceptical, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and organized;
- Inspired by Evidence Action’s mission to bring proven interventions to scale, improving the lives of millions.
- Experience writing research and monitoring reports for programs
- Project management and coordination skills
- Experience using electronic data collection platforms, specifically SurveyCTO for data collection and management
- This position will require coordinating closely with the regional M&E team members, a majority of whom are based in East Africa.
- It also requires frequent travel across program implementation states.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply