BHA Enumerator at Catholic Relief Services (Yobe State)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BHA Enumerator
- We are recruiting Enumerators to work with her monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL team) in the data collection and assessment responsibilities of the emergency program.
- The Enumerator will mainly be task with conducting field surveys using responsible data collection techniques while ensuring quality and accurate data output in Yobe under Kaga, Gujba, Damaturu, and Potiskum LGA.
- Candidates must be prepared to start work in February 2022.
- Support with data collection based on the program requirements and as directed by the assigned supervisor.
- Identify respondents based on the field survey target population.
- Collect and enter responses accurately into the data collection tool.
- Comply with data collection and management ethics by ensuring confidentiality of the information given by the respondent(s).
- Document challenges encountered with data collection exercise and give feedback to supervisor.
- Ensure proper use of data collection tools and other equipment used for the assigned activities.
- Check data collected for accuracy and reliability before submission.
- Use Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) applications for data management as recommended by supervisor.
- Participate in field briefing before and after activities in the field.
- Data entry and storage of information to a computer system as assigned by the supervisor.
- Submit all materials obtained during field activities or while collecting data to the supervisor.
- Support with focus group discussion sessions in the field when necessary.
- Ensure accountability and transparency as practicable as possible while carrying out duties.
- Take on any other assigned legal responsibilities as required by the program.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of National Diploma / NCE in relevant discipline.
- At least one year experience in data collection or field survey related activities.
- Must have a valid identification card or form of identification.
- Experience working in an emergency context will be an advantage.
- All Applicants must be residing in Kaga, Gujba, Damaturu, and Potiskum community.
- Good communication and people relations skills
- Detail oriented and good numerical capabilities
- Organized and capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management and prioritization of tasks.
- Experience working with mobile data collection applications like Kobo collect, ODK, Survey123, etc.
- The ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good understanding and communicative skills in Hausa and any of the other main local languages like Kanuri, Fulfulde or Shuwa.
- Familiarity with the locality and culture of the communities of intervention would be preferred.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
- Payment will be monthly based on total number of days worked in the month.
- CRS will not be responsible for paying re-location allowance for applicants who are not based in Yobe state.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female persons residing in Kaga, Gujba, Damaturu, and Potiskum communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employer Opportunity
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
- Further more, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.
Application Deadline Monday, 5 PM: 20th December, 2021.