Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria Vacancy for a Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria Vacancy for a Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant
Feb 18, 2019, 9:10 PM
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant Location: Lafia, Nasarawa Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change Summary
- The Provider Behaviour Change Consultant will work with the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and serve as the technical point person for state level implementation of the behavioural economics intervention in malaria case management among healthcare providers in Nasarawa State.
- Work closely with the State Ministry of Health and the State Malaria Elimination Program to support user and feasibility testing of fever case management intervention designs to drive provider adherence to National Guidelines on Diagnosis and Treatment of Malaria and Malaria in Pregnancy
- Support collection and management of data on outcomes of the user and feasibility testing activities in collaboration with the state M&E Officer.
- Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports.
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners in the state to support fever case management intervention for providers
- With the support of the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change, drive the implementation of fever case management intervention in the state
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and the Project Director, BA Nigeria Project.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) preferred.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Public Health, etc.)
- Experience in any of the health-related areas, with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with service delivery, provider behaviour change, and/or social and behavior change activities.
- Programme management highly desirable, with demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts