Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Business Data Analyst at Paga
Business Data Analyst at Paga
Jun 9, 2020, 1:56 AM
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Data Analyst - Growth Location: Yaba, Lagos Sector: Financial Services Reporting To: General Manager, Growth Career Level: Senior Analyst Level Department: Growth Employment Type: Full-Time
About The Role
- As Business Data Analyst you will be a vital member of Paga’s Growth unit, which has the aim of combining product and marketing data with business acumen to drive consumer adoption and retention, in partnership with business partners across the organisations.. In this role you will be expected to possess and use a mix of strategic, analytical, and administrative skills, providing support and data driven direction to all within the Growth team.
- The Business Data Analyst at Paga is a hybrid of traditional roles in strategy, product marketing, and business intelligence. In this dynamic role, you will be at our center of truth - consumer behaviour and transaction data. You will be charged with qualitative and quantitative consumer research, analysis with synthesization of trends, crafting actionable insights, project management, measurement and reporting; all in a bid to ensure the business goals of consumer acquisition and retention are achieved sustainably.
- You’ll be expected to collaborate closely with stakeholders across the company, and deliverables will be in the form of driving execution on your strategic recommendations. The successful candidate will possess a passion for innovative analysis, strong communication skills, processes that scale, and the wherewithal to develop findings and recommendations that transcend the numbers.
- Develop, evaluate, and report targeted marketing strategies and initiatives
- Develop a wide variety of models to predict and better understand consumer behaviour
- Design and launch experiments, determine campaign targeting strategies, and develop category-specific KPIs, forecasts, and goals
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal business partners and external vendors, to improve strategies and make recommendations.
- Conduct user/transaction analysis
- Conduct market and consumer behaviour trend analysis
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends
- Build dashboards, reports, and alerting systems for the ongoing analysis and monitoring of marketing campaigns, categories, and channels
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics, analysing data and partnering with internal teams as needed
- Support the ongoing analysis of business performance required to inform marketing and product development decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Other roles as assigned by the Growth leadership.
- Data Fluency: Expert quantitative analysis and logical reasoning; 3+ years experience using database languages (e.g. SQL or BigQuery) and visualization tools (PowerBI and Tableau) on large data sets to extract trends and insights.
- Excellent use of Microsoft excel and the rest of the Microsoft Office suite
- Hands-on experience conducting customer segmentation, cohort performance, and product funnel analyses prefered.
- Strong focus on metrics to measure and demonstrate success
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills along with the resilience and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven tremendous planning, organization presentation, project management, organizational, technical and analytical skills.
- Having a keen eye for details, market and consumer insights, how to utilize it to commercial advantage.
- Proven problem analysis and problem-solving skills, good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Project management certification would be a bonus
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Bright, quick thinking and self-confident
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Intrapreneurial, self-driven, hardworking, takes initiatives and gets actively involved.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2:1 is required.
- Creative thinking and innovative approach to solving challenges
- Active listening skills
- Knowledgeable/Comfortable with technology
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in data analysis.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- An understanding of Financial services, particularly Money Transfer and Mobile commerce
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts