Business Development Manager at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager AME
Category: Commercial / Sales / Business Development
- The APM Terminals regional team for Africa and Middle East (AME) is based out of Dubai, UAE. We are looking to hire 2 candidates for this position, preferably to be based in Africa or alternatively Dubai. Location can be discussed and is dependent on the candidate’s experience, current location and personal situation. Some of the locations in Africa can be for example: Lagos (Nigeria), Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Nairobi (Kenya), or Cape Town (South Africa).
- Besides these 2 roles for Africa, we are also looking for this profile for other parts of the world which will be posted soon, so if you are from another region and interested, please also apply and add a note in your application which region(s) work for you.
- APM Terminals Corporate Development AME is responsible for both growth and other corporate development activities (e.g. shareholder strategy, divestments, concession extension/negotiations etc.) in the Africa and Middle East portfolio. The type of port infrastructure investments APMT invests in vary from public-private partnerships to private M&A transactions through public tenders or direct negotiations with governments, port authorities or private investors.
- The CDV manager is expected to contribute to defining and executing a credible growth strategy and pipeline based on pre-aligned criteria. In addition to the standard port infrastructure investments APMT, other logistics and services opportunities that create value through the global integrator of container logistics vision of its parent company AP Moller-Maersk will also need to be considered. Aside from activities on growth, the CDV manager will be expected to also develop and execute strategy for existing business/portfolio projects.
- We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive environment and therefore welcome applications from everyone who think they have the experience and a background to be successful in this role.
- Identify, screen, evaluate and develop projects.
- Assess the commercial attractiveness and feasibility of investments, make recommendations to Senior Management on divestment/investment decisions and prepare proposals for and conduct negotiation processes.
- Provide communication planning and relevant presentation material on the investment value proposition for mainly external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development/strategizing of solutions to customize project requirements.
- Coordinate project planning in cooperation with requisite responsible functions and review of the respective functional input with a critical eye and ability to challenge (Commercial, OPS, Civil).
- Lead smaller projects and provide support/co-leads larger ones from concept to conclusion. Establish positions on all key aspects (e.g., scope, valuation, shareholding, governance).
Business development (Growth):
- Identify leads via networking, events and/or other sources and establishes and develops relationships with executives within targeted markets and sectors.
- Develop and manage Project/Opportunity Pipeline.
- Proactively work independently to deliver business objectives and understanding the barriers to success, creatively driving solutions.
- Provide detailed industry and competitor information and analysis to management.
- Strategy planning for market segment or geography, review of market entry options.
- Comfortable and confident in meeting and negotiating with high level government officials and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain market awareness regarding market developments, supply/demand, pricing, competition etc., through internal and external sources and networking
We are looking for:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mind to overcome business and legal constraints.
- Relevant experience with Public Private Partnership (PPP) practices and understanding of key risks and opportunities in concession agreements in port or similar infrastructure business
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with overall M&A process, including deal structuring and preparing and conducting due diligence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). Possess empathy, personal tact, and multi-cultural understanding.
- Outgoing person with the ability to establish contact easily and eagerness to deliver (growth).
- Drive, intellectual curiosity and interest in taking on new tasks.
- Well-organized, timely, and persistent.
- High level of initiative and responsibility, self-reliant action.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience with/in responsibility in strategy, M&A or Business/Corporate Development
- Fluent in English; fluent in French is an advantage.
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to conduct negotiations in an international environment.
- Clear focus on customers, performance of the business, growth and results.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Existing network within shipping, maritime, terminals industry is an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet terminal teams, government officials, customers or other external stakeholders.
By joining APM Terminals, you can expect:
- An dynamic working environment at one of our terminals in Africa or our Regional Office in Dubai.
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the job portal and include a CV in English in their application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th May, 2021.