Business / Financial Reporter at The International Centre For Investigative Reporting (ICIR)
The International Centre For Investigative Reporting (ICIR) is an independent, non-profit news agency that seeks to promote transparency and accountability through robust and objective investigative reporting. Founded in 2010, The ICIR’s mission is to promote good governance and entrench democratic values by reporting, exposing, and helping to combat corruption, thus promoting democratic values. Apart from engaging in its own investigative reporting work, the Centre also undertakes capacity-building programmes for journalists in other newsrooms
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business / Financial Reporter
Employment Type: Full-time
The Ideal Candidate
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent command of English language (both written and spoken), with a strong journalistic and business reporting.
- Strong digital understanding and awareness of the latest broadcast technology and the ability to learn new skills is important.
- The Ideal candidate must have experience in investigative reporting.
- Have a track record of accuracy and impartiality.
- He/she must be able to interpret financial statements.
- He/she will have a broad understanding of West African news and current affairs, with a good knowledge of the business sector.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience covering/ writing on business, finance, economics, technology.
- Relationship-building and networking skills to secure interviews.
- Excellent use of EXCEL
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- The flexibility and adaptability to sustain performance, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities and circumstances.
- Great interviewing skills and feels comfortable talking to high-level executives.
- Passion for producing exclusive stories with deep analysis.
- Demonstrable ability to break down complex topics, financial statements and make them interesting, relatable and easy to understand.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Business / Financial Reporter" as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 5th November, 2021.