Business Manager at Emotion Press
Emotion Press is a Publishing / Printing firm established in 2011 to project the future. It continues to publish highly readable books distributed globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
- We are presently seeking a self driven Nigerian graduate with experience business management to work with our executive management team.
- The business manager will be expected to oversee the daily business activities of our organization.
- Overseeing daily business operations of the company includes;
- Managing operational costs, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, identifying business opportunities and monitoring financial activities.
- Developing rules and procedures.
- Ensuring excellent customer service
- Improving administration processes
- Giving each member specific tasks.
- Establishing departments and divisions.
- Delegating authority to the members.
- Establishing channels of authority and communication.
- Creating a system to coordinate the work of members.
- Ensure that change management activities within the business that have employee impact are managed in a timely, professional, and lawful manner and that communications regarding change are clear, concise and consistent
- Recommends process improvements or changes that will improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of operations.
- Builds relationships with the company's consultants and the business Community to create learning opportunities and share best practices.
- Executes on Company specific strategic Management initiatives e.g. Resourcing, Personal Development Plans, Career Development Plans, Technical/Management Skills Training Needs, Succession Planning.
- Demonstrates Management and Leadership Expectations and ensures staff lives out Company Limited Values and inspires others to achieve excellence and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Ensures that all safety and control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the company's handbook are adhered to diligently.
- Developing and implementing strategies to maintain employee productivity
- Collaborate with management to efficiently lead and evaluate staff performance and productivity for the growth of the Company
- Develop business plans for Profitability·
- Analyzes department budget, identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocates operating budget.
- Ensure that employees follow company policies and procedures
- Provide direction and guidance to employees in their assigned job duties.
- Make sound business decisions and take necessary actions that ultimately lead to achieving company goals and increasing profitability
- Demonstrates Management and Leadership Expectations and ensures staff lives out our Values and inspires others to achieve excellence and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Executes on Company's specific strategic management initiatives e.g. Supervises all the Regional Managers operations and take necessary actions when needed
- Partners with other leaders, managers and supervisors to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities
- Focus on increasing the talent quotient and driving improvements as per the modern Talent Management techniques.
- Initiates workforce analysis and organization design activities with business leadership to ensure structure and staffing levels are proactively managed to meet short end term business goals and desired retention is achieved.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of key Management activities/ programs to support the business/function in of people for the Company.
- Undertake other related duties as directed by the Managing Director.
- B.Sc Degree in Business Administration or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Strong analytical skills;
- Entrepreneurial personality with team orientation;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent presentation skills
- Organizational and training skills;
- Fluency in English (Oral/Written).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2021.