Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Claims Officer at Cornerstone Insurance PLC
Claims Officer at Cornerstone Insurance PLC
Feb 13, 2020, 1:00 PM
Cornerstone Insurance PLC is the first insurance company in Nigeria to provide customers with an online platform for insurance transactions. Little wonder why Cornerstone Insurance PLC was adjudged as the 'Best use of IT in insurance Service 2013' by the Financial Technology Magazine and also Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry Awards for 'Best Online Insurance Company of the Year 2015 to name a few.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Claims Officer Location: Lagos
- Undertake physical inspection of reported claims; analyze claims data and policy documents to determine the extent of the company’s liability.
- Raise credit note on claimant where premium outstanding
- Follow-up and collect recoveries and salvage from negligent third party or insurer to reduce claims outlay before cheques for payment are released
- Prepare cheque requisition to pay claimants, co-insurers, solicitors and other professionals
- Verify correctness of values on claims cheque and dispatch to claimant/broker
- Register all approved claims cheques into Settled claims Register
- Send copies of loss adjusters reports to co-insurers and collate opinions on their recommendations.
- Processing of Non-Motor Claims upon receipt of mails upon receipt of Claims notification
- Preparation of various Claims and NAICOM reports.
- Any other duty as assigned by Unit Head.
- Register notification of claims into claims Register, open file and allocate claim number
- Extract relevant information on the risks covered from the underwriting file and document such in the EDMS and Gibs
- Acknowledge claim notification and request for claims substantiating document from claimant / broker to ensure accurate and complete information on claims.
- Book appointment with claimants / brokers to arrange for physical inspection by the survey team
- Write report on inspection and investigation containing findings and recommendation for minimizing effect of claims settlement on the company
- Interpret policy wording, analyze and adjust claims to determine the extent of company’s liability and make recommendations to the Team Leader
- Bachelor's Degree in Insurance or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.Application Deadline Monday, 17th February, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts