Client Service Officer - SIPML (Cross River) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Service Officer - SIPML
Job ID: 64314
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Sector: Financial Services
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- Responsible for attending to walk-in clients in an efficient, effective and courteous manner to achieve customer satisfaction, repeat patronage and referrals.
- He/she is expected to maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. >> Responsibility includes ensuring prompt registration of new clients in a timely and error free manner, data recapture for clients’ record update and resolution of benefits application issues booked (including handling of confirmation letters to employers)
- Must have the adequate knowledge to attend to any form of client enquiries, pension payment applications and complaints at their locations and promptly escalate Material Difficult and Unusual (MDU) situations/ transactions to the relevant Head Branch Operations (HBO) and where necessary, engage the Regional Head Branch Operations (RHBO).
- Stands as a useful medium of feedback to management because of the sensitive nature of regular interface with clients
- Expected to proactively and reactively sell our products
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Quality Service Delivery:
- Ensuring that walk in clients (including PenResolve [BOS] channel) are promptly attended to with the accurate/ correct information at first engagement (avoiding inconveniences of repeat visits) whilst confirming that details are only provided to the actual owners of the RSA (based on Biometric confirmation – Image and signature as well as security questions).
- Must actively be up to date on information relevant to our products and services provided to clients when they visit.
- Collection of properly filled RSA forms / DRE forms/ benefit application documents from clients and ensuring timely processing and diligent handling of the documents. NB: Relevant transaction documents are expected to be saved in the designated shared folder on H for prompt processing by relevant partner units.
- Take ownership of all transaction requests processed by self and seeing to prompt resolution of same by relevant parties
- Ensure that all interactions (no matter how trivial) are logged on NAV CRM/BMS promptly in clear concise terms and under the appropriate category
- Ensure SMS or call request is made to Contact Centre to provide update to clients upon resolution of complaints logged at the Branch by the client
- Ensure proper record keeping of all documents received and processed daily – Filing and forwarding the hardcopies to the regional offices for onward delivery to the archives.
- Ensure prompt responses to enquiries from partner units
- Always maintaining a clean desk policy and upholding our service creed of “before the sunset”
- Ensure supervision of assigned PBB enquiry officer and providing adequate support for excellent service delivery to our clients
- Ensure client’s contact details are reconfirmed (and updated on the system where applicable) at every visit/ interaction
- Ensure timely processing of all change requests received from clients. Logging and followthrough for execution within 24hrs. The executed instruction must also be saved in the relevant shared folder for ease of reference
Processing of Clients Benefits Applications:
- Ensure on-the-spot review and booking of issues against benefits applications received before client leaves the service desk (where clarification need to be sought from Contributions and Collections or RM, send mail instantly copying branch mailbox)
- For benefits applications that are good to go, ensure to log on sharepoint and move application document from internal folder to external folder without delay for Reporting team to deal
- Ensure applications are moved to the appropriate stage on NAV upon daily review without delay
- Ensure notification (log sms request) is sent to customers for update on benefits application status
- Review all pending benefits applications processed on a daily basis and ensure timely resolution of any outstanding issues for the applications to be filed promptly
- Escalate any challenge to the relevant HOU of partner units (including logging of SLA breach e.g. coy reply delay by Fedex) looping the HBO as well as Regional HBO for prompt intervention
Compliance with Regulations / Policies and Resolution of all Complaints Received:
- Initiate steps to resolve problems affecting customer service in a timely manner either within the team or with responsible partner units and ensuring immediate escalation of issues that are Material, Difficult & Unusual to the Head, Branch Operations (HBO) and where applicable to the Regional HBO (RHBO) as they occur
- Ensure operational activities are carried out in compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, processes and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guiding such operations
- Ensure active participation in daily connect session
- Take ownership of personal development and ensure achievement of learning objectives
- Take advantage of different platforms provided to employees for obtaining support/ guidance and providing feedback through surveys and workshops
To Ensure Timely Rendition of Reporting and Other Adhoc Responsibilities:
- Ensure all assigned reports are handled for submission within timeline
- Provide feedback on all enquiries from partner units within 24hrs (and engage appropriately where extended time is required)
- Handle any other ad hoc tasks assigned by manager as appropriate.
Value-add Engagement with Clients:
- Identify sales opportunities and sell products/services reactively
- Intimate clients of any ongoing business campaigns either in terms of general awareness or promo/reward offers.
Prompt Processing of Registration and Data Recapture Requests whilst Ensuring Integrity of Our Database without any Errors:
- Process both client and employer registration requests received at the Branch promptly with high level of due diligence.
- Process all data recapture requests at the branch for timely update on ECRS
- Ensure proper record keeping of all RSA/Micro Pension/DRE forms processed and forward to Admin for archiving within stipulated timeline.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in General Social Science
- Any other qualification relating to the industry may be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply