Commissioning and Start Up Shift Supervisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commissioning and Start Up Shift Supervisor
Job Type: Contracts
- Coordinate the Shift teams in the daily commissioning and start up activities to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained at all times and work progress are maintained as per project schedule.
- Develop and review operations/commissioning, start up and shutdown procedures for Project scope, capturing lessons learnt and to enable continuous improvement in performance.
- Primary signatory for completions and P2A (Project to Asset) activities (handover of Care Custody and Control for systems & areas, post start-up operations testing)
- Responsible for managing testing of major equipment through CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) shift resources, vendors, and contactor resources (i.e. test run of GT, main compressors, large pumps, first fills, etc.)
- Responsible for early start-up and operation of utilities to support further CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) activities (i.e. start-up of IA compressors, nitrogen units, water units, etc.
- Coordinate the team in the regular walk down of process/utility lines, installation, tie-in etc. to ensure that plant is built as per design, to the right quality and to ensure operability.
- Act as a signatory (at Shift Supervisor/AGSI (Authorized Gas Safety Inspector) level) to the Commissioning and Start up Permit to Work (PTW) system, authorize Permit to Work (PTW) to the Maintenance/Contractors team for effective control, authorization and safe work execution. Oversight of CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) Permit to Work (PTW) system and signatory for high-risk permits and activities (major energizations, large equipment testing, high pressure testing, etc.)
- Work with the Contractor/Vendor personnel and coordinate the close involvement and oversight on the plant completion, integrity checks and commissioning activities to ensure flawless and safe execution.
- Coordinate project execution/tie-in in the Brownfield environment to ensure that plant projects are implemented as per design, properly commissioned with as built document draft available in the shift without any information gap within the shift with regard to the new change.
- Assist in the development of the commissioning, start up and shutdown plans and their execution as assigned by the Commissioning Shift Superintendent for effectiveness in plan implementation
- HND or Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Engineering / Science discipline
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP (Operations Reference Plan) Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management Processes.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in LNG Plant Operations with at least 10 years’ experience in Plant
- Operations as Principal Operator or at Supervisory Level.
- Experience with Commissioning and Startup of company's facility is considered a qualifying advantage
- Experience in providing CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) related design input and working in an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, And Construction) or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Lead HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) Risk Management
- Permit to Work Supervisory AGST (Authorized Gas Safety Tester) certification
- Strong supervisory/leadership skill of leading multi-discipline teams
- Proven record on safe production and / or commissioning and start-up particularly in company's Train process /utility areas
- Strong team player, willing to overcome differences and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Has proven hands on coaching skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
Other Job Requirements:
- Develop and review commissioning and start up procedures using existing procedures as a guide to capture plant changes and improvements.
- Emergency Response Competency as First Intervention Team (FIT) leader in the assigned area.
- Staff Development by coaching, mentoring,
- Support the SSI (Shift Superintendent) in the implementation of Emergency Response Plan and Procedure on shift.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th February, 2022.