Communications Strategist at Murtala Muhammed Foundation
Murtala Muhammed Foundation - We are a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the living conditions of Africans by contributing to the reduction of poverty and the elimination of conflict while promoting self-reliance and self-fulfillment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Strategist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities and Functions
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, newsletters and Social Media platforms.
- Liaison with program team to coordinate activities, on-line content, and materials across the business unit.
- Manage the organizations digital presence. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events where needed.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Develop and maintain close working relations with media outlets and identify opportunities for the organization's senior management for media placement;
- Organize, provide support and arrange broadcast and print media interviews for Senior Management
- Propose, edit, draft and pitch op-eds, letters to the editor, and other written, digital, and broadcast commentary.
- Work across the organization with the management team, programs team and admin team to identify media moments, develop and implement relevant materials and media outreach.
- Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
- Develop multi-media content for the organization showcasing the organization’s success stories and its people.
Key Result Areas:
- Build and calendarize communication strategy and plan for the quarter, covering all thematic areas
- Improve organization's digital presence, program awareness and engagement by 40% in the next quarter
- Drive notable traffic to the MedAssist website and build engagement around the program to increase calls to the call centre
- Create engagement platforms and programs for engaging content, monthly newsletters and highly educative LinkedIn presence.
- Build network / relationships with media houses and platforms for brand building and awareness activities
- Coordinate copy editing of project deliverables, develop press releases where needed.
- Proper planning, quality deliverables and timely completion of assigned/expected tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or related fiends.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience.
- A proven track record executing communication plan in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, design tools and techniques in social media management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 13th January, 2022.