Community Engagement Manager at Green Hills Agric Products Limited
Green Hills Agric Products Limited is a joint venture business set up by 2 companies is involved in - plantation management, out grower's management, chemicals & polymers, and farmer support to develop arable land for cultivation leading to production of Ethanol (ENA) with an annual target of 16.5M liters.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Community Engagement Manager to join our team. You will be supporting local residents and stakeholders to design and deliver on a range of projects aimed at improving the wellbeing of the host communities.
- You will be an energetic and proactive person with experience and knowledge of the host communities This will involve relationship-building, as well as connecting people with skills, tools, and networks. You will have experience working on, or participating in, community projects and a sound knowledge of the services and activities available provided by the.
- You will be highly organized, have a willingness to learn new things and above all have a strong desire to support local people to make lasting change in their borough.
- Working in an inclusive and engaging way with local people to support them to design and deliver on local projects.
- Overseeing the development of a wide range of community-led projects using an approach which is flexible, adaptable and considers sustainability.
- Using your initiative alongside the team to support new ideas to develop into projects and not being afraid to try, fail and try again.
- Working alongside the team to recruit and manage volunteers and apprentices.
- Working with the team and volunteers to co-design, organise and hold activities and events that draw in and involve a range of people and stakeholders.
- Creating face-to-face, online, and print content to promote programme activities.
- Contributing to project reports, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, and other funding requirements
- Attending and facilitating meetings with residents, stakeholders, and potential collaborators.
- Supporting day-to-day project coordination – including planning, project delivery, administration and responding to tasks
- Networking, developing, and sustaining positive relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds and age ranges - including residents, community leaders, local groups, services and organisations, project partners and local authorities.
- Working as part of a team to engage a broader range of people to become active leaders in their community, ensuring that they remain engaged and involved and that your approach puts people first and is tailored to their unique needs.
Qualifications / Expereince
- Minimum of a Second-class degree B. Agric (Hons), First degree in social sciences in the field of sociology, political science, public administration from a reputable university or any other degree with advance certificate in sociology/social works is preferred.
- Preferred Candidate must have a minimum of 5- 10years’ experience working in similar capacity or roles in public contacts (extension services workers, public relations officer etc.).
Competencies / Skiils Required:
- Experience working and connecting with organisations, services and different communities in Edo State.
- Experience of designing and facilitating community workshops, activities and events where everyone feels able to attend and contribute.
- Willing and able to work in different environments, including being office[i] based and spending a large amount of time out and about in local neighbourhoods.
- Comfortable working in an open and flexible way and responding to the changing priorities of the people and contexts you will be working with
- Ability to learn quickly, respond proactively to challenges and maintain enthusiasm to support local people to make change.
- Some understanding or experience of using qualitative or participatory research methods.
- Experience of using creative or digital platforms and techniques for community engagement.
- Experience of reports, presentations, vlogs, blogs, and other creative mediums to engage a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of supporting people to design and lead sustainable community projects.
- Experience of balancing time between multiple projects and responsibilities, including responding to volunteers, attending various meetings, and completing administrative tasks.
- Experience contributing to reports, project plans, and monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
- Excellent people and communication skills, including relationship-building, conflict-management, and facilitation.
- Hard-working, reliable and organised, able to manage a varied and challenging workload and work well both as part of a team and alone.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th April, 2021.