Community Mobilization Assistant at Community Resilience for Youth and Women Empowerment Initiative (CORWEI)
Community Resilience for Youth and Women Empowerment Initiative (CORWEI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious and non-political organization. The organization was formed as a response to the deplorable conditions of women, youth and children affected by conflict and the concomitant effect of pervasive levels of inequality and gender-based violence, widespread loss of livelihoods, biting poverty and absence of essential health and WASH services in communities and underserved settlements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Locations: Borno and Sokoto
Slots: 10 Openings
- Responsible for organizing and mobilizing target beneficiaries in support of all activities planned for them to make sustainable improvement of the security challenges and ways of mitigation through community participation and local context.
- Collaborate with Community mobilization officer to design successful community mobilization strategy.
- Support and work with other project staffs to build capacity at the community level correlated through training workshops follow-up and linkages.
- Assist to facilitate training of Provincial Partners including Gov’t and CBO’s according to the project plan.
- Provide support in selection of Stabilization committee meetings and also assist in selection of sites/hole for plan Training in his/her location.
- Support implementation of project baseline and end line data collection.
- Support to conduct base line midterm project-end participatory community assessments and evaluation in project coverage area.
- Support project and provincial team to implement project activities in the community with innovative ideas.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Community Mobilization assistant will be responsible for reporting to the Community mobilizing officer regarding community mobilization related activities.
- Coordinate with respective community members and relevant stakeholders (government departments UN agencies and other existing and relevant INGOs) for implementation of project activities.
- Maintain frequent communication with Technical Consultant and Community Mobilization Officer to ensure activities and objectives are communicated
- Work with Community Mobilization Officer and Technical Consultant to ensure the coordination of the program activities are in accordance with the designed plan
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within CORWEI Staffs and amongst beneficiaries served by CORWEI.
- B.Sc / HND / OND.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the developmental and conflict management context.
- Experience in working with computer more especially Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience in working within a large departmental team.
- Ability to carry-out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the organization.
- Proven leadership qualities required.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural team.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent English in written and oral, fluent in local language will be additional value.
- Can function effectively in a loosely structured work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within GISCOR and amongst beneficiaries served by CORWEI.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout GISCOR. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of GISCORs’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] or [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12th December, 2022.