Country Security Manager at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Security Manager
Job ID: R36118
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Would you like to ensure the security of our global organization?
- Would you like to oversee our risk assessments and implement solutions?
- Join our Enterprise Security Team
- Our Security team's greatest responsibility is the protection of our people, our workplaces, our communities and the continuity of our business.
- Lead a team that keeps us safe and secure
- As the Nigeria Security Manager, you will be the focal point for advice on security matters across all business and operating activities in Nigeria.
- You will monitor the delivery of our services and identify areas of risk to help strengthen our organization.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure robust security programs and alignment with the risk profile across the region.
- We think strategically, execute programs locally and build resilience globally.
- As a team we work holistically, to mitigate and manage complex risks through the delivery of proactive risk-based mitigation measures and effective security solutions.
As Country Security Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a risk-based country security program by conducting regular threat and risk-assessments to identify and implement cost-effective security mitigation solutions
- Overseeing and participating in audits of vendors, contractors, customers and facilities to identify risks and follow-up mitigation plans
- Ensuring appropriate crisis management and security awareness training needs are identified to deliver the relevant specific programs and training to our business
- Performing and facilitating security assessments and emergency response drills to review, document and implement additional risk controls.
- Ensuring all security incidents are reported, investigated and reviewed to ensure timely resolution
- Providing technical expertise to customer security requirements during the tender process evaluation
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors’ Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field or demonstrate professional experience in the domain of security, physical and threat assessment.
- Have at least 7 years’ experience in security risk management within the oil & gas sector or other relevant sector.
- Have experience in conducting investigations into asset loss, thefts, criminal misconduct, intellectual property theft and serious violations of policy
- Experience in developing and enhancing security programs
- Display an aptitude for building and maintaining trusted relationships within a global-matrix environment
- Demonstrate good analytical and computer skills
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Have significant security background such as, Military / Police / DSS / corporate security.
- Be able to work from the Lagos office and Port Harcourt operational sites, with occasional home working.
- Show a good understanding of security technology and knowledge of current security issues and related laws
- Demonstrate good written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
Work in a way that works for you:
- We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
- There is an ability to work from home when not on-site or travelling for business reasons
- This role may require working at locations across Africa.
- In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is pivotal to the security and the safety of our workforce, operations, and locations.
Working With Us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes.
- We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you:
- Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today.
- We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
- Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply