Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Current Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC) for HR Officer
Current Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC) for HR Officer
Mar 5, 2019, 7:08 AM
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: HR Officer (Nationals Only) Requisition ID: req4100 Location: Monguno, Borno Sector: Human Resources Employment Category: Fixed Term Employment Type: Full-Time Scope of Work
- The Human Resources officer will be responsible in all HR matters, functions and general office management of the IRC office in Monguno, and to assist the HR Manager & the HR Lead in all related HR & Admin functions
- Ensure compliance to hiring policies and procedures.
- Support in the recruitment cycle, along with our recruitment team
- Facilitate and Support the HR team in conducting the HR orientation for all new staff (national & international).
- Make sure to collect the timesheet for all staff on a timely manner.
- Maintain tracking for the IRC staff emails, and coordinate with IT department for any new updates in this regard.
- Make sure to follow up correctly on the exit process following the IRC internal manual & practice for all employees, and release the final settlement and other paper work to Finance department on a timely manner.
- Manage staff contracts and all personal files, & track the new hires on boarding, this includes file all their new paper works in both personal & E personal files.
- Liaise with the hiring managers in regards to staff contracts, paper work, ATCs & all other documents related to the new hires
- Compile and submit updated IRC Monguno contact List by the 1st of every month.
- Follow up on employee’s benefits; health insurance, life insurance, & social security.
- Maintain knowledge of international & national staff entitlements and benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record, and follow up on leaves for all staff, make sure that everything is reflected on the report.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times
- Perform other job related tasks as requested by the HR Manager and HR Lead
- Position Reports directly: HR Manager
- Position supervises: Admin Assistant
- University Degree in Management, Human Resources, Administration or related fields.
- Approximately 2-4years of professional experience in Administration/Office Management
- Previous experience with Human Resources generalist.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Team work skills
- This post will be based in Monguno Office.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts