Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Current Recruitment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Current Recruitment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Jul 2, 2019, 11:56 PM
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. To strengthen this operations and interventions in the North-East part of the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below: Job Title: Protection Assistant-Gender Based Violence Locations: Borno (Banki & Ngala) & Adamawa (Mubi & Yola) Contract Type: Fixed Term Overview The conflict in north-east Nigeria has resulted in widespread displacement, violations of international humanitarian and human rights law, protection risks and a deepening humanitarian crisis. The crisis continues to uproot lives of thousands of children, women and men and is adding to the long history of marginalization and chronic under-development. In the three most affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, 7.7 million people need humanitarian assistance, more than 50 per cent of whom are children. In areas recently retaken by the government vulnerable host populations are in critical need of humanitarian interventions including food, water, sanitation, protection, education, shelter and health services. Job Description
- Protection Assistant-Gender Based Violence will provide psychosocial support activities at one of the safe spaces.
- Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the ATO - Protection Assistant will manage all activities related to SGBV/PSS at their assigned field site.
- BA/BS in SGBV/PSS or a similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Case Worker-Gender Based Violence will provide programmatic and operational support in one of the four field sites.
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the case worker will engage clients including appropriate capture of the SGBV survivors’ stories, needs and concerns, and comprehensive communication on available services.
- BA/BS in Social with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in social work is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Security Officer will discharge his/her assignment under the guidance of the Security Manager to support safe implementation of Program activities through close cooperation and coordination with the Project Director for UNHCR North-East SGBV Intervention.
- The Security Officer will mitigate the risks poised to Programs, personnel and assets through provision of expertise and focused Security Management support.
- He/she will hold an advisory role to the UNHCR North-East SGBV Intervention Project Director, also will ensure provision of early warning advisories affecting security situations for AHNi Program activities and will travel extensively to all States of implementation on short notice and support staff capacity to work more effectively and contribute to reducing AHNi’s operational vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Security Management or related field.
- Professional certification in security risk management or advanced security management highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years working in security Industry, experience working in complex insecure settings preferred.
- 3 years working in Security management for NGO or development organization.
- Experience in liaising with law enforces in Nigeria
- Experience in managing incidents, incident mapping, developing and producing high quality security reports and assessments
- Project Coordinator As a member of the Program Management Team, supports the Project Director, Protection Coordinator and Senior Program Officer in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the humanitarian response project activities in the supported LGAs, will also be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention towards delivery of interventions to survivors of SGBV and/or vulnerable populations, supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 yes’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or B.Sc/BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required, preferably iii a camp setting.
- Experience with providing health and non - health interventions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
- Finance & Administrative Assistant Under the direct supervision of the Finance Administration Officer, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to AHNi HQ as well as to the state offices.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience is highly recommended.
- Fluent communication in English is required
- Fluency in local languages is desirable
- Logistic & Procurement Assistant will work with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to plan and implement systems and policies that guide all operations related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with AHNi policy and donor requirements); maintaining and tracking the inventory of all office supplies retained in the store; maintaining and operating the service store containing a wide variety of office supplies, equipment and materials.
- HND in relevant field with short courses on logistics and supply chain management.
- Prior procurement and logistics experience in humanitarian sector preferably INGO is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus.
- Data Assistant will be responsible for data collecting on the field using data capture and reporting tools (DCRTs).
- Support the M&E Reporting Officer with data collection, collation and entry.
- B.A/BSc or similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to work well with others, develop and maintain compatibility among recipients of assistance
- Minimum three (3) years working experience with INGOs, NGOs and/or CBOs
- Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting Assistant will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
- B.A/BSc or similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts