Curriculum Specialist at Nuru Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria.
Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Curriculum Specialist
Job Code: NNJ.2021.10
Location: Michika, Adamawa State - NN Field Office
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 7 months period, renewable
based on funding and performance.
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking a Curriculum Specialist (CS) who will be in charge of farmer association/organizations training curriculum design on business, group management, leadership and total coordination for external engagements.
- The curriculum specialist will work under the supervision of the Deputy Programs Director/Project Coordinator of Nuru Nigeria with support from the Project Specialist of Nuru International.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Curriculum Specialist will report to the Deputy Program Director Nuru Nigeria who would be the Coordinator of this project.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Director Nuru Nigeria the curriculum specialist would be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Devise, plan field test, revise and pilot the introduction of competency-based curriculum and instruction methodology for selected curriculum modules, for Nuru
- Nigeria’s Project that is well simplified for smallholder farmers.
- Design and support the implementation of training curriculums for.
- Cooperative management, Micro enterprise management, leadership, savings and lending and other elements that ensure sustainability of NN Farmer Organizations
- Farmers Training Center in order to develop new curricula based on the assessment of good agricultural practice suitable for Northeast Nigeria.
- Design scripts for video trainings alongside other project officers
- Conduct Training of Trainers for Farmers, Extension Agents, Lead Farmers etc.
- Ensure that gender issues are mainstreamed in all activities.
- Contribute in proposal writing as require by the Deputy Program Director
- Establish the procedure for gathering together the best curriculum modules at the appropriate levels which exist in Nigeria and internationally, and adopt and adapt. (Drawing especially on components relevant to Northeast Nigeria and having a common or near-common language, practice and climate.)
- Align the curriculum development practice to the existing, competency-based methodologies being adopted by Nuru Nigeria in building sustainable farmer organizations.
- Form local curriculum development support teams drawing on individuals from a wide range of agriculture development agencies including the Ministry of Agriculture, FAO, agricultural sector NGOs etc.
- Establish the networking procedures which will enable and encourage agriculture-sector representatives and other stakeholders to engage fully with the
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 7 years of experience with a B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics or other related field, M.Sc. preferred.
- Proven track record of effective curriculum writing and development
- Demonstrated ability, experience and conviction to operate in both office and field setting, and a desire to work in remote, rural setting.
- Experience in designing and developing adult training content
- Experience working with gender mainstreaming, designing gender sensitive trainings and workshop discussions for community members.
- Five years working experience in curriculum design and creation.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Other Labor best practices apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non - discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant's information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th November, 2021.