Data Quality Assessment Consultant, Nigeria Monitoring Project at Management Systems International
Management Systems International - A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Assessment Consultant, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
- The USAID Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is a third-party monitoring project, operating in the northeast states of Nigeria.
- With a main office in Abuja and a field office in Maiduguri, NMP will conduct a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) for a sample of five USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) implementing partners (IP) and selected performance indicators.
- The DQA will be implemented by examining BHA IP data collection and management systems and approaches to learn whether these are likely to produce high-quality data over time.
- The project has developed methodologies and specific DQA approaches as prescribed by USAID and defined in requisite directives, which have been field-tested in previous DQA efforts on this project and will be shared with the chosen consultant to guide this work, to include interview guides and reporting templates.
- This position will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- The estimated period of performance is for a period of three months, from October 2021 to December 2021, with 30 days of total billable effort.
- The Data Quality Assessment Consultant will assist the project team with the DQA assignment by completing given tasks.
- These services may be delivered in person (either in Abuja or in Maiduguri), or remotely via teleconferencing platforms if in-person visits prove impractical.
- Support the DQA team with the development of a final DQA schedule, which must be approved by the MSI DQA team prior to commencing the assessment.
- Complete draft DQA checklists for each IP and each indicator.
- Compose draft summaries that include DQA evidence and both findings and corrective recommendations, under the guidance provided by the DQA team.
- Incorporate required corrective modifications to submitted deliverables for acceptance.
- Support the preparation and delivery of stakeholder DQA debriefing reports and presentations.
- Conduct a desktop review of IP-provided documentation, including IP activity reports, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, performance indicator reference sheets, previous DQA reports, and more.
- Conduct in-person work or work remotely from the NMP main office.
- Conduct DQA introductory sessions with IP offices, interview IP staff, review IP documentation, examine IP data collection systems, and perform other related tasks as directed by the DQA team.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a field such as International Affairs, Economics, Sociology, Social Science, or Statistics required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong technical writing skills in English language required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- A minimum of one year of experience developing data analysis plans required.
- Demonstrated experience leading or directly contributing to DQA assignments required.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in development and humanitarian context required.
- Experience working in the following emergency assistance sectors: Health; Nutrition; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Food Assistance; Protection; and Emergency Shelter preferred.
- Fluency in verbal and written English language required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position