Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship in International Development 2021
Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi. We work with a wide range of clients, including international NGOs, national governments, regional organizations, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
In the last decade, we have worked across the African continent, delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from relatively stable societies to challenging political space. Our diverse team works closely with international and local organizations to deliver projects.We are trusted implementation partners to UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), World Bank and the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
Founded in 2007, Dataville Research leverages many years of experience in international development and data science to provide solutions for organizations in the NGO/non-profit, health, education, agriculture and conflict resolution. We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Remote Graduate Internship in International Development
Employment Type: Internship
- Internships are excellent opportunities for young graduates considering a career in international development to gain technical work experience. We provide challenging assignments, and applicants are expected to possess maturity, character, initiative and self-reliance as well as outstanding academic credentials and problem solving skills.
- As a graduate remote intern at Dataville Research, you receive tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly becoming an invaluable candidate in the global development sector.
- Already, Africans account for about two-thirds of the world’s extreme poor. If current trends persist, they will account for nine-tenths by 2030. Fourteen out of 18 countries in the world - where the number of extreme poor is rising are in Africa. Also, the COVID-19 outbreak is forcing multiple relief and development organizations to limit travel and rethink operations. This calls for the training of young development practitioners.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide positions for in-house internship in our various offices across Africa however, we are excited to announce the commencement of our innovative virtual internship programme where the participant (intern) gains simulated field experience while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.
- This programme is delivered in English and French. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme.
Programme / Tasks
- A First Look at Global Development
- Data Sources in International Development
- How to Break into International Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Methodology for Development
- Mobile Data Collection
- Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
- Project Management in International Development
- Template Development
- Developing RFPs
- ICT for Development
- Data Science for Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence for International Development
- Future of Development Aid
- Term Paper.
- Communication for Development
- Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
- GIS Mapping for Development Projects
- Programme Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Who should attend:
- Volunteers and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian and development sector from developing and developed countries.
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in global development.
- Postgraduate students from the Global South.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the international development sector.
- Individuals with a technical background interested in improving their knowledge and skills.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners drawn from a variety of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), international organisations, consultancies, think tanks and academic institutions.
- Remote interns with outstanding academic records will be engaged in our Statistical Consulting Center’s activities and receive stipends.
- Gain edge over a significant number of fully-funded scholarships offered by universities, foreign governments and international organizations that support development-related studies.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of graduate internship endorsed by the Society of International Development Washington, DC Chapter.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State