Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Director, Strategic Information at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Director, Strategic Information at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Feb 26, 2020, 9:48 AM
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Director, Strategic Information Ref Id: sfh-40127 Location: Kano Department: Programs
Job-role The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop project-research protocols and investigation materials in accordance with ethical standards and interfaces with the relevant Ethics committee/agency.
- Lead the team in the planning and implementation of formative research, target audience analysis, mid-term reviews, evaluations and behavioural surveillance surveys, special studies and evaluation research in support of ICHSSA 3 programme objectives
- Identify sub-project monitoring, research and evaluation; and training requirements.
- Coordinate staff on the project to develop and submit abstracts/journals to international conferences and journals
- Monitor compliance with project M&E framework including overseeing reporting of data from the field office to ensure timeliness, completeness and quality.
- Develop methods for data quality assurance and support the conduct of data quality audits.
- Build the capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators and use of such information for programme implementation.
- Develop and oversees data flow pattern for the Project and ensure timely data collection, reporting and use
- Coordinate and ensure timely data entry into DHIS by project staff.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports SI reports using reports submitted from the field office. Synthesise and communicate main findings and conclusions for decision making
- Lead the team (CBOs and staff) in the design, administration, and data analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation with a focus on project impact especially those related to OVC interventions and programmes.
- Build capacity of SFH ICHSSA 3project teams in the use of data collection tools and data management best practices through training and mentoring.
- Work with the project finance team to prepare work-plans and budgets and track the progress of SI activities and budgets
- Development of all research, SI based budget and ensure that all program activities occur within the budget.
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field is required.
- At least seven years of progressive and relevant experience in areas of strategic information, Monitoring and Evaluation, medical informatics preferably with knowledge of international donors such as USAID, Global Fund, UN and World Bank.
- Demonstrated experience developing in-house tools and data management systems to track M&E and performance OVC indicators for the programme: LAMIS and NOMIS
- Highly skilled in health sector M&E HMIS and related information systems strengthening at the policy level. Knowledge of enterprise resource planning packages (SAP).
- Advanced knowledge of data base management and epidemiological modelling tools particularly Spectrum.
- Working experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive system.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care and support service at the community and facility levels
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas) and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organise, and manage resources for the successful completion of projects.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organisational goals and programme objectives.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Application Deadline 28th February, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts