Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
End Police brutality in Nigeria. #EndSARSJobs > International / Multinational > Driver at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Driver at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Jun 30, 2020, 11:57 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Driver Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2020-017 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Drive YIIFSAW-II Project vehicles to convey authorized staff and visiting partners;
- Drive vehicles on errands for project activities and assist in the execution of project activities in the execution in laboratory, screenhouse, glass house and on field;
- Report malfunction of the YIIFSWA vehicles under his care to the immediate supervisor;
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet;
- Carryout office duties such as photocopying, sorting of documents etc;
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up);
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS);
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- O' Level with valid drivers’ licence with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
- Have ability to work with staff of different ethnic group and nationalities;
- Be ready to work longer hours and weekends if needs be.
- Be computer literacy in using field tablets;
- Have good communication skill (fluency in writing, reading and spoken English).
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Click here for more information (PDF) NoteApplication Deadline 14th July, 2020.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format no later than the deadline
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts