Electrical Supervisor at SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor - M/F
Location: Nigeria (Offshore - ERHA FPSO)
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: International Contract
Area activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- We are currently looking to further strengthen our skills in this field by integrating talents capable of blending into our teams and thus participating in our growth in Sub-Saharan Africa. Do you recognize yourself in this portrait? We would be delighted to consider your application.
- In this context, we are looking for competent and passionate professionals for positions of Electrical Supervisor to join its team located Offshore in Nigeria.
Context and Missions:
- 4x4 rotation schedule.
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- Ensures HSE policy fulfillment during his activities.
- Establishes and maintains a strong safety culture in line with Company HSE requirements and Rules.
- Is responsible to ensures compliance with HSE Legislation, Company Standards and procedures under his area of responsibility to ensure employees safety, legislative compliance and responsible environment attitude.
- Ensures compliance with Operating Procedures & Guidelines with the asset to ensure process Safety, Operational Safety and Plan Integrity.
- Contributes to achieve and improve HSE targets.
- Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his
- Manages interventions using the CMMS and checks intervention reports in the CMMS(including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field.
- Monitors the functioning of utilities and equipment placed under his responsibility.
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams,and actively participates in this himself.
- Carries out, at the CSR request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for the preparation of the jobs in his discipline.
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts(SMC).
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be,suggests improvements.
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality ofspare parts.
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks.
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND) or Higher qualification.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in Electrical Maintenance field on offshore oil and gas installations.
- SAP, Minimum of 10 years experience in Electrical Offshore maintenance, Electrical qualifications or B.Eng in Electrical Engineering.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
- CMMS/SAP experience and know how.
- Must have knowledge of HV & LV power distribution and controls network,HV & LV motor drives and alternators, Inverters, HV cells, variable speed units, light networks,switch gears and Generators.
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams.
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others.
- He must have a proven sense of responsibilitybe rigorous and methodical in the approach to operations, be able to anticipate and analyse and have an ability as a leader of small teams.
What Can We Offer You?
- Choosing SPIE means giving yourself the possibility:
- To evolve in a Group with an international dimension established on all continents,
- To experience a wide variety of professions within several activities:
- Outdoor networks and public lighting
- Information and communication systems
- Oil and gas
- Climatic engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services is comitted to promote diversity.
- To work in energy and the environment, sectors of the future at the heart of sustainable development issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply