Electrical Technician at Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited
Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil. Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onsite)
- To ensure technical efficiency, maintenance processes and sustained operations of all electrical equipment and systems for optimize asset integrity.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule maintenance of Plant electrical systems and machinery including transformers, Ring Main Units, switch gears, etc. and ensure all electrical maintenance work is done in a safe work environment, following all applicable safety regulations.
- Assembling evaluating, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Repair and replace defective components in motors, generators, controllers, storage batteries, switchboards, conductors, switches and varied electrical fixtures.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical, electromechanical and electronic parts of machinery and equipment.
- Test solid-state circuitry to determine defective components in analog and digital equipment along with defective parts replacement.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Prepare schedules and coordinate activities with varied electrical divisions and sections.
- Involved in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instruction for all Electrical related activities/ Processes and oversee its implementation.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Advising management on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
Qualification / Experience / Key Competencies
- Not less than a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (With professional certification / membership in COREN)
- 6 - 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Fully conversant with Electrical safety rules
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience to work under air supplied breathing equipment to operate valves, pumps and compressor.
- A good knowledge of relevant electrical operations, procedures and practices, especially in Lube manufacturing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply