Electrician at Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited
Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited - We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
We are recruiting dynamic, result-oriented and self-motivated candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Chief Engineer/Head Maintenance
- A qualified electrical technician that will install and maintain electrical systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
- Required to inspect the premises of all assigned facilities regularly, conduct routine maintenance, perform repairs, and fix faulty wiring when necessary.
- They may also be required to replace electrical appliances.
- Provide a reactive and proactive maintenance service.
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Provide a service that ensures all electrical equipment is running to optimum performance.
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Carry out modifications and installations when required.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and external suppliers.
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard.
- Liaise with client/management.
- Time management, attendance, independence, problem-solving, dealing with complexity, and analyzing information.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems
- Troubleshoot repair and replace equipment, electrical wirings, or fixtures
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Excellent knowledge of electrical components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment.
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition.
Maintenance and Repair:
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures, and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment, and other components so that they remain at full-functioning capacity.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Maintenance department at OPHL.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Timeliness in responding to requests
- Ability to see all work orders through to completion.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
Qualifications and Experience
- OND, HND, or B.Sc in any related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience as an electrician with a reputable hotel brand
- Time management, attendance, independence, problem-solving, dealing with Requirements
- Be Innovative, creative, hardworking, resilient, and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Trade certification is required
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous work in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022.