Emergency Program Manager Assistant at Solidarites International (SI)
Feb 27, 2020, 3:19 PM
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North-East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Program Manager Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
Goal / Purpose:
- The Emergency PMA will also be involved in assessments and representation.
- He / She supports the proper coordination between the operational teams (water supply, water quality, sanitation, public health, hygiene promotion) and the emergency team, in Maiduguri and in the other bases in Borno State, and in cooperation with the wash coordinator.
- The Emergency Program Manager Assistant is in charge of supporting the Emergency PM towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals, focusing on the emergency activities.
- Emergency activities include in particular cholera response and rapid response to new influxes of population in all SI’s areas of intervention, as well as outside when possible.
Project relevance, quality and design:
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
- With the help of the MEAL department and the Emergency PM, produce and update weekly maps of cholera cases and WASH infrastructure for all SI’s areas of intervention.
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to designing proper SOPs for cholera response as well as rapid response to new influxes of population;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s emergency strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities to better conduct rapid response in Borno State;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Support the WASH Coordinator in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
- Support the Project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Outset up and coordinate with bases emergency interventions within the different bases of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL in Nigeria when needed (outbreak of cholera, sudden influx of IDPs in one location, delayed activities etc.)
- Ensure the quality of the interventions while meeting tight deadlines.
- Participate in any of the assessments or spearhead missions (opening, detachment, partnership support etc.)
Institutional Knowledge Building - (IKB):
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- To ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive;
- In collaboration with the Emergency PM, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of Emergency PM and WASH Coordinator;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his /her team.
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL;
- Support the writing of SOPs for the emergency team as well as their activities and responses;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters including methodologies / tools etc developed on the field
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the multisector activities;
Reporting / Communication / representation:
- In collaboration with the Emergency PM, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s especially concerning new areas;
- In collaboration with the Emergency PM and the logistic department, support the preparation of logistic requests for this activities (IOF, BoQ, planning,);
- In his / her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- With the help of the Emergency PM, prepare monitoring documents and updates for the WASH sector and other partners during and outside of the cholera response
- Pass upward to the Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Emergency PM;
- Ensure that all reports required by the Emergency PM are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- Coordinate all the assessments realised by his team and the others of each SI base to give an updated vision of the situation on a timely basis.
- Ability to manage a team, daily workers and to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (contractors, authorities etc.)
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and Word skills), Kobo Collect, ODK.
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in team leader position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and / or strong operational background
- Languages: English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuwa and / or Fulani a strong plus).
- Ability to lead emergency interventions, analyse the context, plan the logistics and implement the action plan in short notice
- Knowledge of at least one HP (PHAST / CHAST / CLTS) methodology.
- Mastery of project cycle management: Ability to report efficiently (oral and written) and to plan and lead a working site
- Proficiency in at least one technical domain; Civil engineering / geology / hydrology / Humanities / Hygiene promotion
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Application Deadline 12th March, 2020.