Executive Secretary at AFTRAC Limited
The AFTRAC Group is made up of AFTRAC Limited, AFTRAC Testing Limited and General Plant Service System Limited (GPSSL). These reliable and capable wholly indigenous-Nigerian companies have made strides in the oil and gas service sector as a successful,technology resource group.
AFTRAC Limited was incorporated in 1993 as a limited liability company. We began our operations offering a wide range of Instrumentation products to the downstream oil and gas sector. We rapidly extended our customer base and range of products and services to the upstream sector. Our ultrasonic sand management solutions allow operators optimizes oil and gas production when sand is a concern.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience Level: Senior level
- We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to manage our client, Associations Secretariat; in the role of Executive Secretary (ES).
- The Executive Secretary will work closely with the Executive Board of Directors, serving as the main link between the different member companies and external stakeholders of the association.
- Reporting to the Executive Board of Directors, the Executive Secretary (ES) is responsible for implementing the vision, mission, objectives, strategy, policies and programmes established by the association's Executive Board; establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the organization; and has overall day to day operational responsibility for the Organization including resources mobilization.
- The Executive Secretary represents the Organization when required at all oil and gas industry stakeholder engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Supports operations and administration of the Executive Board by interfacing between
- Executes board-approved policies and programs
- Maintains a working knowledge of developments and trends in the oil and gas sector
- Sees that the board is kept fully informed regarding the organization and environment
- Oversees the Standing and Ad-Hoc Committee meetings.
- Board and staff, and supporting the Board's evaluation of the Secretariat operations.
- Serves as a primary spokesperson and representative to the organization's stakeholders, the media, and the general public.
- Attends board meetings and provides support to the Executive Board of Directors
Organizational Mission & Strategy:
- Responsible for the implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the association can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Directs and oversees and implements short and long term strategic plans
- Maintains effective and cost-efficient programs
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance the association’s mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the association’s image by being active and visible in the Oil Sector and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organizations
- Oversees the promotion, delivery, and quality of all the association's programs
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that further the vision mission and objectives
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Builds and maintains a culture that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff committed to the vision, mission, and objectives of the association.
- Ensures accurate and complete financial and accounting records of the organization
- Ensures that financial goals are achieved and operating expenses are within budget
- Works with the board in the preparation of the annual budget
- Ensures that financial controls are met
- Expands and maintains fundraising activities to support and grow existing programs With the Board of Directors manages fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals, and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized
- personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Conducts performance appraisals as required
- Formulates and implements corrective action as needed
- Ensure volunteers are engaged and recognized for their work.
- Hires supervises and when necessary dismisses staff
- Leads, coaches and develops the organization’s staff to create a well-working team
- Ensures that job descriptions are current
Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a relevant discipline or MBA
- Transparent and high integrity leadership and work ethic
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence in the oil sector.
- Previous experience in organizing and participating in Conferences and Exhibitions.
- Excellent partnership skills and ability to work with both private and public sectors
- A flexible and cooperative approach to problem-solving
- Understands the mission/vision of the organization and can relate it to others to maintain a positive attitude that encourages participation and enthusiasm
- Respects other people’s viewpoints and skills, good listening and communication skills, willingness to compromise and collaborate
- Displays integrity, self-confidence, persuasiveness, decisiveness, and creativity.
- Experience in Nonprofit Management, Business, or related field with 15+ years of experience
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization's strategic future to staff, board, and stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Financial Management Skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply