Facility / Site Engineer at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility / Site Engineer
Job Code: #T00005
- The Site Engineer reports primarily to the Assistant Technical Manager and secondarily to the Medical Director.
- The Site Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the plan design and the effective implementation and construction of the plan design for Cedarcrest Hospitals Lagos.
- The incumbent will offer advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of all technical aspect of the construction site.
- The duties of the Site Engineer includes; managing, designing, developing, creating and maintaining construction projects; conducting on-site investigations, and overseeing all building- related activities.
- Responsibilities will also include solving technical issues, supervising construction workers and analyzing data as well as assessing potential risks.
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners (e.g. suppliers, insurance agents, security guards)
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations
- Acts as the main technical adviser on the construction site for Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the architect.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the work in accordance with the drawings/specifications.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems (e.g. heating system, alarms, security cameras)
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Restock office and kitchen supplies
- Design and oversee the schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the building
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Fix minor malfunctions in office equipment
- Coordinate office and parking space allocation
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Conduct market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors
- Ensure quality control and testing of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirement.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials.
- Agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to the ongoing construction site to enable traceability.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with engineering waste minimization and management policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures while fulfilling Cedarcrest Hospitals health and safety policy.
- Responsible for preserving the maintenance culture of Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Liaise with the local government authorities to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Plan the work and efficiently organize the site facilities to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matter on site.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree. M.Sc is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years proven work experience in civil engineering.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- License of a professional engineer.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, climb, and crawl to maintain equipment and buildings.
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout facilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Job Code as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021.