FCDO Project Coordinator at Ekklesiyar Yan'uwa a Nigeria
EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FCDO Project Coordinator
About the Job
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing multiple FCDO programs in sites of operation.
- This role includes strategic planning, technical leadership, capacity building, support and supervision of staff, senior internal and external coordination and representation, proposal development and reporting.
- Reportable to the program manager EYN Project Maiduguri.
- Monitor/report on key issues and provide support in analysing contextual information in order to improve decision-making process
- Conduct timely and spot monitoring visits to project site to support field staff, on the job coaching and to ensure that project implementations are in accordance with the project implementation plan.
- Monitor and reporting on key issues of security, incidences, risk and situation update in the organization to the program Manager and Partners in order to improve decision-making processes.
- Assist the Program Manager in Internal and External Communication session and events about the project for sound awareness.
- Actively participate in meaningful deliberation during decision making for the progress of the organization.
- Write a comprehensive project progress reports to the funding partners and the project manager at monthly basis as stipulated in the project agreement.
- Support the Project officers in conducting advocacy and consultation visit to community leaders and members of the community during community entry and engagements.
- Coordinates and supervises all activities of field staff in various field of projects implementations Locations
- Participating in stakeholder meetings and organizing all other activities relating to the project as well as documenting all important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Develop project strategies, ensuring project deadlines are met and determine project changes to achieve project deliverables.
- Carry out all documentation appropriately and ensuring adherence to framework for each project.
- Ensuring quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Liaise and cooperate with national and international partners for the purpose of advancing the project objective. with other national and international partners.
- Competence in applying humanitarian principles and understanding of humanitarian action.
- Carry out all programme goals and activities in line with the key national and international humanitarian principles, frameworks, codes, and commitments.
- Implementing program in line with integrated beneficiary accountability principles.
Achieving results effectively:
- Absolute transparency and accountability of resources in accordance with internal controls.
- Address difficult situations and make tough decisions confidently and calmly
- Consider the wider impact of decisions to be made in the short and long-term.
- Providing feedback and updates aimed at obtaining enhanced results.
- Document lessons learned and applies them to future projects.
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Share with and listen to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders.
- Promoting good practice and liaising with networks on matters pertaining program.
- Building clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders as well as maintaining same.
Operating safely and securely:
- Identify, communicate and minimize risk and threats to project team and the agency.
- Take measures to do no harm and to minimize risks for partners and the communities.
- Complying with safety and security protocols to reduce vulnerability to self, project team and the agency.
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Assist team members in prioritizing workload as well as promoting appropriate self-care and good stress management practice among team.
- Remain effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations
- Demonstrate integrity in the discharge of one’s responsibility.
- Exhibiting ethical and professional behavior in line with relevant codes of conduct
- Plan, prioritize and perform tasks well under pressure
- Demonstrate accountability through taking responsibility for individual actions and impact
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Excellent managerial courage having ability to confront difficult situations and seeking resolution as well as stating willingness to champion ideas
- Demonstrate ability to gain trust by actively listening to others perspective, valuing their contribution and encouraging an open door approach for others to comfortably share honest thoughts and feelings
- Undertaking self-development and management by taking responsibility to enhance own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influence others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
- Give constructive feedbacks to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to another for the purpose of his/her development
- B.Sc / HND in Gender Studies, Social Work, International Development or any related field from a certified tertiary institution
- At least 3 years experience in GBV or related programs
Knowledge & Skills:
- A firm grasp on and understanding of project management
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Developing and promoting effective collaboration within and across units & projects to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Willingness and ability to take initiatives not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in budgeting.
- Proven capacity for management and leadership.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th June, 2023.