FHI 360 Job in Gusau for a State Coordinator
is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving
lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves
more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Job ID: 16125
Job Function: Global Health
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) is one of the projects under FHI 360.
- MAPS focuses on supporting the development of infrastructure,
resources, systems, and the technical and management capacities
necessary for effective malaria control.
- The project is implemented by three partners and FHI 360 is the lead implementing partner.
- MAPS project is a five year project which took effect from
October 1, 2010; the project recently secured a one year no-cost
extension and would be rounding up by September 30, 2016.
- Reporting to the MAPS Implementation Director, the State Coordinator (SC) shall oversee State level activities of MAPS.
- In this regard the SC shall provide leadership for the State
MAPS team and coordinate the activities of MAPS across all program
thematic areas in the State
Essential Responsibilities and Specific Roles include
- The State Coordinator will support the strengthening of program
management and monitoring and evaluation capacity at state level,
oversee the close-out and start-up in compliance with FHI 360 and donor
- Lead the States MAPS team
- To contribute to the development and review of technical documents, reports, and materials for state specific implementation.
- Foster a harmonious relationship between MAPS and State level government, donor partners and non-state entities.
- Participate in technical meetings at state and national levels
as determined by the Implementation Director to support state malaria
- Lead the development of MAPS State specific activity plans;
drawing from the annual MAPS work plan and State malaria program
- To provide up-to-date inputs to the annual planning processes of MAPS.
- To coordinate the implementation of the State MAPS team activities.
- Any other duties assigned by the Implementation Director.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years relevant experience
with international development programs which includes 5 years
experience with Malaria program planning and implementation at the
community or state level working with public and NGO sectors
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH
preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with
international development programs which includes 5 years experience
with Malaria program planning and implementation at the community or
state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS/BA in social science, public health or related field, with
a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international
development programs which includes 5 years experience with Malaria
program planning and implementation at the community or state level
working with public and NGO sectors.
- Experience in health related work (especially malaria) or project management is essential
- Experience working with government and donor funded program/development sector will be a strong added advantage
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This job description summarizes the main duties
of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may
be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be
construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management
reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time