FHI 360 recruitment for a Human Resources Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Country Office Abuja
Supervisor: Senior Human Resources Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Provide operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI Nigeria in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer FHI Nigeria's rewards and benefit systems. This includes salaries and bonuses plus employee benefits, such as pensions, life assurance, and medical insurance packages.
- Assist in the filing of documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily.
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews and conducting reference checks.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package.
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme.
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents such as signing of PARS, purchase requests etc.
- Manage the payroll system for the HR unit, including liaising with Finance unit to ensure timely and accurate remittance. Ensure service users are provided with accurate information at all times.
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Make out offer letters for vetting. Send out offer letters to candidates’ mail boxes/ surface addresses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself
Application Deadline 9th October, 2020.