Field Assistant/Driver Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the
development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with
partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from
agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967
in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on
the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam,
cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture
research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Field Assistant/Driver
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in seed preparation, processing and storage;
- Assist in ensuring project vehicle complies with the minimum
operating security standards (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle
documents all the time;
- Assist with day to day maintenance of Project vehicle;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in planting, harvesting and data collection;
- Assist in general field maintenance and pollination
- Assist in driving project vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
Ideal Candidate must;
- O’Level plus Driving Licence with at least Five (5) years relevant experience performing similar role.
- Be computer literate.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have good driving skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a
covering letter which should address how the candidate’s
background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position
applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three
professional referees (which must include either the Head of the
applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct
Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply
9th December, 2016.