Field Journalist at Gistongist Limited
Feb 25, 2021, 9:40 PM
Gistongist is a media outfit located in the Ikeja area of Lagos state. We are your plug to the Latest News in Nigeria, latest gossips, and viral contents in Entertainment News in Nigeria, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, Comedy, and Sport.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Journalist
Location: Ikeja Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- Gistongist is looking for a presenter/field journalist that will work collaboratively with other members of the media and video production team, under the direction of the Manager.
- The presenter/field journalist is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing, building, capturing and delivering high quality content that will drive traffic for Gistongist brand and other creative content initiatives.
- This role requires the individual to be responsible for leading Gistongist media’s effort in creating content that will drive traffic and ultimately audiences to the platform and brand.
- To produce high quality content that meets professional standards.
- To generate and contribute ideas for news and content development across platform.
- To create multimedia content, craft headlines and teasers that promote our stories in such a way that they appeal to a wide range of audience;
- To create attractive and engaging social media specific content including pictures, text, and videos;
- To keep abreast of the fast-changing media environment and adopt and improve on the latest techniques;
- To operate and maintain the studio and filed recording and editing equipment.
- To originate, identify and produce innovative and creative video news and current affairs content for different platforms including social media such as Facebook and Instagram; Twitter and Youtube.
- To write and/or prepare scripts, shoot and produces audio-visual content in formats for delivery on digital platforms;
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Mass communication, Theater art or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in related field.
- Thorough understanding of social media journalism and the ability to create visually appealing content including lives and other engaging formats.
- Ability to travel out of base at short notice.
- Make balanced and objective judgment and the right editorial decisions taking into consideration best international practices as well as the ethics of the journalism profession.
- Knowledge of cameras and video capturing skills.
- A good command of the English language (both written and spoken).
- A high standard of editorial judgment, writing and editing ability.
- Ability to use audio and video recording equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email
Application Deadline 11th March, 2021.