Field Technicians at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Technician
Job Requisition ID: R122367
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Maintenance, Reliability and Turnarounds, Production and Manufacturing Downstream
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Early Careers
We are looking for the following roles:
- Field Technician (Mechanical)
- Field Technician (Process Automation, Control and Optimization)
- Field Technician (Electrical)
- Control Room Operator
What’s the Role?
- The Field Technician mobilize and control the day-to-day instrument maintenance activities in the Production Directorate with the available resources and continuing financial constraint in a safe and efficient manner with due regards to the protection of the environment and host communities.
- Ensure that plant integrity is not compromised while meeting planned hydrocarbon production targets.
- As part of a multi-skilled Production team this role delivers hands-on execution of PM & CM maintenance activities and the facilitation of plant and equipment isolation/reinstatement as required
- Reduce maintenance cost whilst ensuring that SPDC Quality standards are not compromised.
- Carry out troubleshooting and repair of control equipment in Production Asset and be knowledgeable on electronic control systems for monitoring and controlling.
- Organise logistic resources and ensure that adequate men, materials at the time specified to execute the required activities.
- To ensure that all hazards associated with activities are identified prior to work execution and with due regard for company safety procedures and HSE-MS requirements.
- To seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job and giving other members of the team opportunity to perform.
- Control maintenance activities and plans. Continuously improve performance as well as promote a healthy environment in line with legislation. Maintain and foster good relations with host communities.
- Ensure all non-routine and potentially hazardous routine jobs are carried out under the Permit To Work System with associated Complementary Certificates with particular reference to concurrent operations and ensure that classification drawings, instrument loop drawings and general safety rules are being adhered to at all times. Also ensure availability of Integrated Operations Standards on site.
- Carry out regular Unsafe Act/Condition Audits to quickly identify hazards in the facility with corrective actions to re-instate facility integrity to sustain safety, protect the environment and meet hydrocarbon production at targets. Ensure all Unsafe Act/Condition audits recorded, filed and corrective action promptly initiated and carried out.
- Monitor and control daily maintenance activities and minimize waste generated at the instrument section of the Workshop with the view of continuously reducing them. Feedback results to sectional staff in order to evaluate performance against set targets.
- Accomplishment of maintenance targets through demonstration of technical knowledge, skill, and experience on activities and monitoring staff for optimum performance.
- Participate and encourage staff to be part of HSE drills with well-documented records and regular reviews to improve performance. Ensure staff attend daily toolbox and monthly HSE meetings.
- Monitor the effectiveness of on-the-job training at own section and identify further learning and development needs for staff development for higher professionalism.
- Be aware of OPEX expenditures against budgets, investigate reasons for over/under expenditure and take appropriate action where necessary. Promote economical and functional expenditures within the team.
- Control all tasks and activities required for the HSE-MS audit /certification as planned.
What we need from you?
- At least 5 yrs of relevant experience
- To meet the requirement of the job, the person must have in-depth electrical process, Instrumentation and control, knowledge in oil and gas production equipment and their maintenance. The candidate must have a OND or equivalent qualification.
- Technicians should be able to competently, maintain and optimise plant and equipment in a challenging environment.
- Use experience and initiative to identify and safely resolve problems, improving performance and efficiency within the Asset.
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on their own and as part of a team.
- As part of a multi-skilled Production team this role delivers hands-on execution of PM & CM maintenance activities and the facilitation of plant and equipment isolation/reinstatement as required.
- Will work with and support other Technicians to deliver efficient work execution.
- Carry out Emergency response duties under the instruction of the Emergency team leader as part of the Emergency Response Team as assigned in location of work.
- Strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail and a proactive and enthusiastic approach.
Field Technician (Mechanical):
- Strong respect to Mechanical/Rotating Equipment
- Must have a Science background
- Experience in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
Field Technician (Process Automation, Control and Optimization - PACO):
- Must have Control Automation skills
Control Room Technician:
- Must have an experience in Plant Operation Processes in any industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply