Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Finance Assistant / Admin Officer at Community Information and Advocacy Initiative
Finance Assistant / Admin Officer at Community Information and Advocacy Initiative
May 20, 2020, 12:09 AM
Community Information and Advocacy Initiative (CIAI) Katsina is a nonprofit, non–governmental organization (NGO) working to improve the quality of life of people in Northern Nigeria and other parts of the country. Established in 1999 in response to the health and socioeconomic needs of disadvantaged groups in rural and urban communities, the organization based in Katsina State, covers the whole state with various services aimed at improving their socioeconomic and health status.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant / Admin Officer Location: Katsina
Description This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Community Information and Advocacy Initiative (CIAI). Titled: "Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed choices for their health" (REACH) in Katsina State. Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states. Key Areas of Accountability:
- Processes approval of supplier invoices and staff claims on the Project.
- Ensure prompt remittance of statutory deductions
- Update the project fixed assets registered regularly
- Prepare payment request and vouchers
- Keep petty cash box and records
- Arrange meeting /workshops in terms of logistics and administrative arrangement
- Responsible for handling any minor repairs in the project
- Keep records of on project staff movement
- Responsible for all bank deposit and withdrawals including transfers
- Maintain and issue receipts and cheque
- Make payment to vendors and meeting participants
- Responsible for safe keep of financial files and records
- Perform any other finance/logistic and clerical duties.
- A graduate (HND / B.Sc) holder in Accounting or any related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment and Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements with their locations to: firstname.lastname@example.org NoteApplication Deadline 26th May, 2020.
- All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
- Applicants must be fluent in local language and familiar with the local cultures
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts