Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Finance Intern at Mercy Corps
Finance Intern at Mercy Corps
Jan 10, 2020, 3:52 PM
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Finance Intern Location: BIU, Borno Length of Internship: 12 Months Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Finance Manager
Program / Department Summary
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the country team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
- Know how to prepare Bank Cheques upon receiving payment schedule and disburse it to staff.
- Understand how to manage the archiving of all financial documents and follow up with staff for any missing documents.
- Understand Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant requirements and documentation requirements.
- Know how to prepare and Maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Understand how to perform petty cash count on time.
- Understand the maintenance of all accounting records; know how to ensure that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Know how to identify and follow up on any outstanding obligations and Keeps record of all cash, bank and advance updated
- Understand Mercy Corps FFM, procurement, assets management, HR policies and procedures.
- How to maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Keeps record of all finance documents and reports are properly filled, labeled and store in a clear and easily accessible manner following the FFM.
- Print off all payment voucher and match with the document to be filled.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
- Make sure all required documentations are attached, calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews are made according to AAM.
- Maintain the petty cash box and carryout weekly and monthly cash counts as directed by the supervisors.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding tax, VAT and other tax are withheld and remitted to relevant tax authorities on monthly basis.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- 1 Years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience.
- A degree in Accounting or a relevant experience in this area is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
Mercy Corps Responsibilities (Salary)
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive NGN 60,000 as a monthly stipend.
- Living expenses.
- This position is based in BIU with 5-10% travels to other field locations.
How to Apply Interested candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.Application Deadline 14th January, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts