Finance Manager at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. ECEWS has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and field offices in its operational states, ECEWS has a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund, USAID, US CDC, UNOPS, World Bank and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria. Since its’ founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons, under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Job Function
- Be responsible for the financial aspects of Global Fund (GF) HIV Grant program including finance operations, documentation, records keeping and reporting.
- Manage the financial operations in the central office, monitor field expenses and ensure compliance with Global Fund (GF) HIV Grant financial Management policy.
- Assist in budget preparation, expenditure monitoring and control generally in compliance with Global Fund Grant financial/programmatic reporting requirements and organizational policies and procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and ensure implementation of appropriate systems and controls that provide for funds accountability, complete documentation and accurate reporting
- Manage all aspects of accounting for the central and state offices, including the direct supervision of finance personnel.
- Review and implement appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability and accurate charging against appropriate grants budget
- Provide periodic and ad hoc budgetary and related financial reports per grant
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed budgetary reports and statements
- Manage all budgetary aspects of accounting for the central and state offices, including the direct supervision of accounting personnel.
- Conduct periodic visits to state offices to review their financial records and internal control systems
- Provide timely and accurate periodic financial and management reports for the project per GF Grant to PR
- Maintain an integrated financial system with up-to-date data from central and state offices for consolidation of information and reporting
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed financial reports and statements
- Perform other duties as required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Director of Finance.
- A minimum of HND / BSc. Degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations
- Skills in QuickBooks, Sage 50, Microsoft excel, words and power-point.
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MSWord document), explaining their suitability for the job to: [email protected] using their Full Names & Job Title of the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees, including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants should note that there will be two (2) stages in the Interview process; written & Oral
Application Deadline 7th October, 2021.