Financial Control Officer at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited
Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Control Officer
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The financial control officer is responsible for reconciliation and settlements activities and will provide revenue assurance to the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure daily reconciliation and posting of all of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports.
- Support the E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation matters.
- Monitor income/fees and ensure value is promptly transferred to the bank.
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment on e-channel accounts.
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports.
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of transactions.
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions in of the offer.
- Rendition of monthly returns and processing of associated payments for FIRS, LIRS and PFAs within seven days of deduction.
- Sending daily dashboard report to management.
- Provide support to other finance team a required.
- Support end of day/month and year process.
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners.
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Advise the finance team of possible over-settlement for necessary provisions.
- Maintain reconciliation records.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification.
- Previous experience as a reconciliation/account officer.
- 3 - 5 years work experience.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft excel
- Organization and time management abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Great analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 29th December, 2022.