Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Head of Department at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Head of Department
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes - FSL
Experience Level: Senior Manager / Supervisor
Reporting To: Head of Department Food Security and Livelihoods
Proposed Start Date: To be determined based on funding approval
- We are currently looking to fill the role of To support the Food Security Livelihoods Head of Department (FSL HoD) in developing the country strategic direction and focus, technical strategy and fostering innovations for the food security and livelihoods programmatic area in AAH Nigeria Mission.
- The role holder will be the primary focal point for all FSL related engagement and external coordination at the Borno state level. The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state and may require occasional travels depending on access and security.
- Engage with key state stakeholders such as World Food Programme, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food Security and Livelihoods working group, Cash Working Group, Early Recovery and Livelihoods among others, in coordinating activities, advocating for policies and ensuring the representation of AAH’s strategic positioning.
- Support FSL HoD in leading program integration initiatives for multi-sectoral approach.
- Develop tools and guidance notes on Cash Based Transfer and Food Voucher Modalities, Market Assessment, Livelihoods Recovery, Agricultural Inputs, Resilience Programming and related areas.
- Support the FSL HoD in program development in line with the country strategy; in identification, evaluation of opportunities for AAH and develop concept notes, proposals, and related reports.
- Support the FSL team in North East & North West in ensuring processes and activities to ensure quality standards of FSL are integrated in the project management cycle.
- Provide technical direction and quality assurance to AAH's Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) programming including cash and markets at a national level, in both development and emergency contexts.
- Monitor the environment through regular scanning and data gathering for new opportunities, innovations, new approaches, designs or technologies.
- Conduct Food Security & Livelihood assessments for program development in relation to Yobe state context.
- Represent AAH in donor meetings and project field visits, coordination meetings and technical meetings as designated by FSL HoD.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Soil Science, Crop Protection and Management, Agronomy or a related field, or a Degree in any other Field but with a Master's Degree in Food Security & Livelihoods related field of study;
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management;
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities;
- Experience with donor communications;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- Minimum of five years experience in Food Security and Livelihoods;
- Experience in Food security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency contexts;
- Proven management and leadership skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2021.