Front Office Manager at Peniel Apartments Limited
Peniel Apartments Limited is a hospitality company in the heart of Abuja, providing of medium to long-stay, serviced apartments to guests from various parts of the world for over twenty years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Front Office
Reports To: Executive Director
Days of Work: 5 days
General Job Description
- The occupant of this role will supervise the day-to-day operations of the front office and business development activities within the organization.
- He/she will be responsible for guest management, training and staff management as well as be partly responsible for revenues at the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to implement required Standard operating procedures at the front office as approved by management.
- Supervise staff and all front office activities including reservations, booking and check-in while ensuring the effectiveness of the process.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review and complete credit limit report after gaining approvals from management.
- Submit monthly reports on the number of enquiries that were successfully converted to sales at the front office
- Utilize the database of guest accounts for telesales, email marketing and promo sales purposes
- Ensure the updated with a minimum addition of 30-50 guests on a monthly basis
- Submit a report on the updated database on a monthly basis stating details of new additions and utilization.
- Work within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Uphold the apartment’s commitment to hospitality.
- Train, cross-train, and re-train all front office personnel.
- Participate in the selection of front office personnel.
- Monitor work Schedules and shift roasters for the front office staff.
- Supervise workload during shifts.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front office employee.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e. flash report, allowance etc.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Routinely solicit for feedback from guests via the guest feedback process.
- Submit weekly guest contact list regardless of whether or not sales were made.
- Standardize existing promos and document them.
- Provide guests information about the offers and special deals
- Send promo sales information to potential guests
- Via the use of database analytics and review of feedback form, generate monthly reports on occupancy showing the number of first-time guests, return visits and revived customer relationships.
- Document the procedures for checking if guests’ accounts are funded and the steps to follow if the accounts are not funded.
- Maintain schedules showing the status of each guest’s account and update as required.
- Check cashiers in and out and verify banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on guest segmentation, feedback and observation and proffer suggestions for process improvements.
- Carry out periodic self-audits on the department to determine the implementation status of all approved improvement processes.
- Ensure implementation of all apartments policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Ensure accurate input of data on opera to maximize its reporting value.
- Maintain working relationship and communicate with all departments.
Education & Training:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or similar Certification.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 - 7 years experience in the hospitality industry, at least.
- Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Opera PMS software is a Must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good leadership and training abilities.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Complaint handling and conflict resolution skills.
- Good personal presentation and professionalism.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st May, 2023.