Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Transport / Logistics / Haulage > General Manager - Operations at White Soul Motors Limited
General Manager - Operations at White Soul Motors Limited
Jun 26, 2020, 4:56 PM
White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager - Operations Location: Nationwide Job Type: Full time
- We are a highly reputable transport company in Nigeria and are looking to engage the services of a General Manager, Operations to provide operational leadership and management and ensure accurate operational controls, measurement and reporting systems to support a safe, effective and reliable operations as it conforms to the requirements of our partners.
- Oversee and ensure orderly, safe and satisfactory delivery of entire clients’ consignments to clients’ customers or depot facilities.
- Ensure the availability of 95% of the company’s vehicles for routing every day of the month at the time stipulated by the client.
- Ensure that White Soul’s trucks are operated efficiently and economically. Supervise and coordinate vehicle maintenance to reduce downtown of vehicles.
- Drive the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Liaise with the safety team to ensure total safety and security of all company’s assets across locations.
- Enforce compliance to good housekeeping as a key safety objective.
- Liaise with the Operations Managers for all locations to ensure zero client’s product loss/theft/damage incidents at the company’s facilities.
- Work with the safety team to ensure that trucks that go to the client’s plants for loading of products meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all trucks are road worthy, fully utilized and turnaround time (TAT) is maintained at all times
- Manage company costs by developing cost management processes, engendering a financially responsible culture and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Support the company in the management of relationships with clients and external stakeholders through a coordinated approach including attendance at meetings.
- Liaise with the clients for profitable business, routes and reduced downtime
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- M.Sc is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications from a recognized professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Certified Institute of Warehousing & Materials Management (CIWM)
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in senior management capacity
- Proven experience in Supply Chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations
- Multi-site management experience in the fleet management and logistics services
- In-depth knowledge of global and local transport and logistics best practices
- Experience working with a large and unskilled/semiskilled workforce;
- Has thorough understanding of heavy duty vehicle operations and working knowledge of engines and vehicles at large;
- An ability to coach and mentor direct reports to improve their performance and impact.
- Ability to direct and motivate colleagues and contractors.
- An ability to develop team members at all levels, with the requirement
- Must be willing to travel or relocate on short notice
- Possesses working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning;
- Thinks strategically and innovatively on operational and technical aspects of the business
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the role applied as the subject of the emailApplication Deadline 1st July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts